PDA

View Full Version : help!

attempt
01/10/2003, 12:16 AM
I have a cinnamon clown who i noticed has a small whitish thing that seems to be coming out of its gills right where the meet under his chin. upon further inspection when he "yawned" the inside of her mouth seemed to have the same whitish stuff inside it. She eats like a horse and i havent noticed any behavioral differences. Then i noticed that my cleaner shrimp was actively digging in the gills of my coral beauty. I went to the LFS and they suggested that i use an antibiotic called FOCUS it is made by Seachem. I have been using it (you mix it with food) for about 2 days the white stuff on the clows chin seems to be getting smaller
Can anyone tell me what my fish have? and if FOCUS is a good medication to use? My LFS was unable to identify what the white stuff is by my description. The did say that the FOCUS is what they use and will not harm anything in the tank.
someone please help!

billsreef
01/10/2003, 11:56 AM
Without some good pictures or even lab samples to stick under a scope the id of the white stuff is likely a mystery. Howevery if the Focus is having a positive effect on the infection, than continue using it.