PDA

View Full Version : I need quick help!!!!!!

IndyMathWizard
01/09/2003, 07:03 PM
Anyone know anything about Apolemichthys trimaculatus, the Three Spot or Flagfin Angel? I have an opportunity to get one on a trip I am leaving on tomorrow, and I usually get my opinions on specific species from wetwebmedia.com well, they are pretty ambiguous on this species. Tank is 6 months old, 0NH3, 0 NO2, <20 NO3. I have been looking for an agelfish for my tank. PLEASE ADVISE!!!!! ASAP!!!

slimytadpole
01/09/2003, 10:57 PM
Before you go adding another fish to your tank, I would strongly advise getting your No3 in check. It should be undetectable.

While I'm not familiar with this fish, it might help if you described your tank a little. Specifically, if you have other corals or fish, and how large the tank is. Whether a fish is right for your tank will largely depend on those things, regardless of species.

IndyMathWizard
01/10/2003, 01:04 AM
I have had good success just keeping NO3 less than 25 ppm. I do not utilize a DSB yet...I agree they are awesome, but I am still doing more research (and saving!!) before I do this. I employ wet dry with no sump right now. I am not aware of anything other than DSB or macro algae refugium tht will make NO3 undetectable. Water changes are my method of choice right now. Only in the last few years has anyone been able to deal with nitrate in any way other than water changing. Let me know what you think on this.
Also, the other stock in the tank is compatible with the flagfin. I have already researched this. My concern was with survivability. For example, I bought an Atlantic Rock Beauty once...bad idea. It starved to death. Also, there is a LFS with two Potter's angels I would love to have. But I will not buy one becasue I know it has a poor survival record in the average home aquarium. I want to know if this is the case with the Flagfin. I'm afraid there may not be enough info because it is a rare fish in the trade. This is only the second one I've heard of in this area for sale, and I live less than an hour from Premium Aquatics, The Abyss, and Inland Aquatics....all nationally known places!! I have lots to choose from. I think I may just avoid this fish because I don't want to kill it. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Matt