PDA

View Full Version : May be moving - advice needed

Sue_OT
01/03/2003, 08:36 PM
The job hunt is looking promising, and it's looking like we may be moving to PA. This is a good thing - I'm from PA, and wanting to move home is what inspired this job search. :bounce1:

The problem is, this move is probably about 12 - 14 hours from where we currently are. I have a 90 gal RR tank (from Santa, still cycling) and a 45 gal reef, up and running. How do I move this home? I am not worried about the equipment, but what do I do this the livestock? I am one of these people who gets attached to my tank, and I don't want to sell them and start over up there. Any suggestions? I have considered leaving my livestock with a lfs, setting my tank up after the move, and having them ship my livestock next day air after it's cycled. Any other ideas? Is there anyway I can safely tank my livestock with me on moving day?

Thanks for your help!
Sue

PS - I am looking at moving to Erie, PA. Anyone from around there that can tell me lfs, reef clubs, etc in the area?

Harpo
01/03/2003, 09:03 PM
I think your idea of shipping after the tank is settled and cycled at your new home is a good idea. I had an friend do that from California to the midwest and he only lost 1 large clam.
Mark

Sue_OT
01/05/2003, 04:55 PM
bump

foozed
01/05/2003, 05:12 PM
I know it's quite a distance, but why don't you bring the new 90g down and move it to your new location, and get it set up and cycling there, and then move your existing reef contents to it with a single drive.. possible?

If not.. I'd go the LFS route myself. I may need to do this in about a year if I'm forced to move to North Carolina.. god help me!