PDA

View Full Version : CPR hang on refuge? any good?

jjschwi
01/03/2003, 03:04 PM
I was thinking about putting a refuge under my tank, but with the expense of it all I thought about a hang-on, I only intend to harvest Macro algee to kill of nuisence alge in the main tank, does anyone own one, or heard anything about them? they are about $100

Jake

fishhead14
01/03/2003, 03:28 PM
how big is the tank?

The cpr refugiums are good, but i think you will still need a pump, about 30 dollars. I would get an ecosystem 40 or 60, they come with miracle mud, a pc light, and a pump. add some calupra and it can help lower nitrates. check out out the attachment, its the ecosystem 40. But if you are looking for something simple, the cpr's are good

fishhead14
01/03/2003, 03:33 PM
oh, nevermind about the How big is your tank thing. 55 gallon...I would go with an ecosystem 60 or the cpr, the ecosystem 60 is a little pricey

TippyToeX
01/03/2003, 03:45 PM
The only bad thing I have heard & read about the CPR HOB refugiums was when a snail clogged the intake for the refugium, as well as algae clogging the intake. They both caused the main tank to overflow (I have heard this in a nano tank, so I have no idea if it could flood a tank of your size).
Other then that I have heard nothing but good reports. Maybe someone here knows of a way to prevent algae or snails from gaining access to the intake. :)

Acolin
01/03/2003, 04:36 PM
I have both, I prefer the ecosytme units as they offer more features for the money

Acolin
01/03/2003, 04:57 PM
I have both, I prefer the ecosytme units as they offer more features for the money

epon
01/03/2003, 05:10 PM
I have a CPR hangon, and I notice the bulkhead has developed an annoying saltcreep. Besides coming with a rio, not too bad of a unit IMO.