PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer needed, to fit Marineland stand

badpacket
12/30/2002, 05:16 PM
Hi All,

I've been looking for a while for a skimmer that will fit my 29g w/Marineland cabinet/top. I've tried the Prizm HOT however my light assmbly top is the type that has a hinged inset door, and the frame extends all along the sides and rear of the tank top.

I would rather not cut into the top as of yet, however I do not really want to get a big in-tank skimmer, or set up a sump.

If I increase the amount of L/R, will that help? I am relatively lightly stocked with a couple of clowns, shrimp and a scooter.
~25# L/R, 4-5" DSB.

Thanks.

Chin_monster
12/31/2002, 05:23 AM
I bet a BakPak or the small Remora would fit. I'd lean towards the BakPak, but lots of people like Remoras. Hope this helps.

badpacket
01/01/2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks, I will check them out.
However, since my canopy top opens via a hinge on the back, I'm doubting that many skimmers will fit if the Prizm doesn't, they all seem to simply hand on the back, and doesn't seem to be much difference in distance away from back glass, or height requirements. Darn.

Hmm, now I have to learn how to make a sump in the cabinet beneath, and deal with more water pumps and possible disasters :eek: