PDA

View Full Version : DI resin any good or did it dry out?

slojmn
12/21/2002, 01:29 PM
I went to replace my DI resin cartridge in my KENT Maxima RO/DI kit this morning and found the DI resin to be like sand inside the cartridge. I don't remember it being like this before. I bought it a few months back and stuck it in my box under my tank for use later when I needed to change out cartridges. My assumption is that there must have been a hole in the plastic packaging and the DI resin dried out. What do you think? What does this mean? Is it any good for use or is it ruined?

slojmn
12/21/2002, 10:05 PM
Anyone?

Agu
12/21/2002, 10:41 PM
Do you have a TDS meter? If not get one off Ebay, I paid $23 for a Hannah. Setup the ro/di and test output, there's really no other way to know if the di resin is any good. BTW, color changing resin changes color long before the resin is exhausted, so the tds meter pays for itself in extended resin life/usage.

ime,imo,bni,

Agu

Miller357
12/21/2002, 11:55 PM
What colors do the DI filter start at and change to?

Unresistible Blue
12/22/2002, 08:52 AM
Even new/fresh DI resin has a general resemblce to sand - albeit large-grained, moist sand.

I agree with the earlier post - try using it and test it with your TDS meter. Nothing lost if its not functioning - you can replace it and you're good to go.

PM me if you're looking for a source of meters, resin, or filter cartridges.