PDA

View Full Version : Frag Meeting Inventory

Tenner
12/12/2002, 12:44 AM
Hello all,

Thought we could start a small thread and list the corals being brought in for the meeting.

Forgive me for not knowing the proper names.

1. Gorgonian, Brown with large polyps, photosynthetic, great grower.

2. SPS thalma

3. Encrusting stoney (Blue Ridge - common name)

4. Calurpa

5. Frogspawn, very small cuttings.

Thanks
Matthew

anathema
12/12/2002, 04:07 AM
Yellow/Green acro: club purchased this several frag meetings ago, never has grown well for me.
Orange M. Cap
Orange M. Digitata
Dk Green w/ light purple rim M. Cap
Lime M. Digitata
Dark Green M. Digitata
Neon Green Calaustrea
Metallic Blue Shrooms
Mottled Green Mini Carpet Anemone: This is a maybe. I got one at the last frag meeting that split, now I can only find one. If I can isolate one on a loose rock I will bring it. Very mobile though!

I am debating on whether to bring in the top of this M. Cap that the club purchased:

http://www.uninked.com/aqua/clammonti102402.jpg

Let me know if there is a lot of interest. It is getting quite large and growing very fast. This picture is a month and a half old and it looks dramatically different. It is shading out a lot of stuff, and I think if I cut it right, I would get a nice cup shape out of the bottom part.

It will be hard to decide, this being the first big sps that grew in my tank... so don't hate me if I can't talk myself into it. :D

reefboy1
12/12/2002, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

I'll bring a clump of Spaghetti macro (Chaetomorpha) and other macros from Inland Aquatics.

Art

Tenner
12/12/2002, 11:33 AM
Hey Anathema,

I'm not sure you're bringing enough stuff to the meeting, can you bring your whole tank...:D

Nice green Cap, let it grow some more, no rush.

Thanks
Matthew

anathema
12/12/2002, 12:19 PM
Well, I forgot to mention that I will also be bringing in green, and maybe some orange zoos.

I haven't even had a chance to look over the softy tank at Patricia's house, but off the top of my head I will be bringing in a couple capnella frags and maybe a green ricordea or two from there.

Matt, the decision to frag the cap is more based on how much it is shading the other things. It hasn't grown close to anything, but it is blocking a lot of light, and animals below it are starting to "reach" for more light. It's still a tough decision... I think it would look nice after fragging, but right now it really gets noticed.

opihi
12/12/2002, 03:14 PM
Hi.
I'm still not sure if i'll be able to attend, but if i do, i have 3 heads of IPSF's sarcos and a purple M.Cap that i'd like to share.

i also have a branching green frogspawn that hasn't completely branched yet (the heads are still connected). does anyone know of a way to successfully frag them at this point or should i wait for the next meeting?

thanks,
jeff

sdharrington
12/12/2002, 04:13 PM
I will bring some pink waving hand coral (Anthelia), and a frag of green M dig given to me... I really don't do SPS. Maybe also some Capnella frags.
--Shelly

bookfish
12/12/2002, 04:39 PM
I'll bring some xenia and some purple coralline algae starter pcs.
-Jim

bookfish
12/12/2002, 04:40 PM
btw a big thanks to Eddie at Tropical Paradise for hosting the frag meeting!-Jim

Tenner
12/12/2002, 10:59 PM
Opihi,

I would wait until the frogspawn splits on it's own. No rush, we will have more frag meetings.

Thanks
Matthew

Thales
12/15/2002, 02:23 AM
Whoo hoo!

It looks like I can finally make it to a meeting, and a frag meeting to boot!

I will bring a bunch of purple dig, two versions of gsp (I hope somebody wants it!) and possibly some other stuff.

Just to make sure, I can pay dues at the door and the gig starts at 7 at TP, yeah?

Looking forward to meeting and joining.

RR

See my new system here (http://www.atomicglass.com/newtank/index.html)

darcitananda
12/15/2002, 03:26 PM
I'm probably going to be arriving late. It seems I've missed virtually every meeting due to work (yuck) or vacation (yum). In fact, I need to renew my membership.

However, I will be bringing:

cuttings of the monster colt (so far, so good, knock on wood)

dividing toadstool leather

tubipora/organ pipe (so delicate it keeps getting fragged by a huge hitchhiker crab that is a bulldozer)

loose discosoma shrooms (striped)

See you Thursday!

-Darcy

gketell
12/15/2002, 11:55 PM
You guys are making me REALLY sad that I have a month or two to go for my tank. :(

anathema
12/16/2002, 12:33 AM
That is perfect timing? If you get it together in that timeframe you will have one or two months for it to stabilize before the next frag meeting rolls around.

I wanted to put in a request for sand if I could.

I will bring some sand if someone will swap with me.

bookfish
12/16/2002, 02:45 PM
Hey Anathema, I'll bring you some of the small rocks with the orange hair worm colonies you wanted. If you like I could siphon some "mulm" too. Let me know if you wanna meet up b4 the meeting.
ps. did you want any of the mondo snails if they have hair worm colonies?
-Jim

RustySnail
12/16/2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by gketell
You guys are making me REALLY sad that I have a month or two to go for my tank. :(

Hmmm I would say that so long as it is somewhat stabilized (no ammonia or nitrite) you should be OK to start putting in some of the more hearty stuff (softies/corallimorphs/zoos). I would recommend checking your levels on wednesday or early thursday (if you have time thursday to do a WC), and see where you are. If you still have nitrite, then don't add anything, if you only have nitrate, then do a big WC (start making water now) and you will be ready for the frag trade. Also, if your levels are declining, you could bump the temperature up to 86 or so until wed night (turn it back down) to help the bacteria multiply (warmth is a good thing here). 86 should not harm any marine life on the rock...

Russ

bookfish
12/16/2002, 04:33 PM
how about adding macroalgae at this point?
I'll bring some small pcs. of LR too if you wanna up yr. diversity-Jim

NanoReefer53
12/16/2002, 08:19 PM
I can maybe contribute more frogspawn heads like last time, although my new clown might hate me for that since it's now taken it up as a host :p

So is it possible to attend just that frag meet for a $10 fee like last time ?

73ChargerFan
12/17/2002, 09:29 PM
Nano,

I think I got one of your frogspawns last time, and it looks great! Thanks!

NanoReefer53
12/18/2002, 12:28 AM
O yea, does anyone wanna buy a 400w Advance F-can enclosed ballast ? Or how about a 400w Radium that's been used for 3 months ? I think i'm gonna downgrade my lighting to 250w.

gketell
12/18/2002, 01:16 AM
Well if we are going to do for-sale/trade at the meeting too.... :-)

Red Sea Berlin Skimmer
Tenecor 50 Gallon wet-dry sump
3 Spiderlight MH reflectors and mogule bases

If anyone is interested I can bring them Thursday.
GK

coolerz99
12/18/2002, 03:40 PM
Hi all,
I'll be bringing small brach of frogspawn with green color and pink at the tip. also green caulepra, correct me if i'm wrong(green plants).

Teener: i would like to request you if i could get me cups of sand for my nano reef to get cycle. i know its pretty late to request but if possible would be great.

thanks
Pradeep

73ChargerFan
12/18/2002, 03:59 PM
Equipment trade, eh?

Anyone interested in a used glass 230g with a small chip missing in the front corner? I got this from Doug (dsb1829), who got it from Justin. It was a show tank for many years without leaking.

I've decided that it is too big for my small house :)

anathema
12/19/2002, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,

I have no problem with trading equipment at the meeting, but lets keep it within reason. Eddie is nice enough to volunteer his place, but remember how late the frag meetings can go and let's not make him stay until midnight. If you plan on swapping equipment, maybe it is a good idea to come early.

:)

crystalball
12/19/2002, 12:43 PM
Ill be at the meeting...looking for 400w but I need 4! and of course at a resonable price....too close to christmas for santa type deals....lol

anathema
06/13/2006, 03:28 AM
Pradeep, you still around? Lost your email, wanted to see if this got a reply.