PDA

View Full Version : Do you Love ORCA?

smpolyp
12/11/2002, 11:48 PM
If so I think everyone should ask the President if he needs any help. He spent over an hour alone on the road side flagging people down that might have missed the party. Even though the house,company,ect were so amasing.

scubadude
12/12/2002, 08:23 AM
Im in! Jon, please by all means Use me! Have your way with me....errr well to a certain degree hehehe....Seriously though Jon I will do everything I can to assist the club in anyway. Russel is sooo right Jon and Nick where flagging others down, and that is only part of what we see of them exhausting their time (and probably $$ too) above and beyond the call of duty. I for one plan on coming to an officers meeting after the holidays to see where I can fit in and assist. I hope once my business picks up I can donate to the club on a regular basis. I want to thank ALL the officers past and present for building such an awesome club! Thats the meat and potatoes baby! Maybe we could get some more specifics to this thread? Like where the help is needed then we can have members volunteer for certain task? Flag wavers is one I will volunteer for, or anyplace else im needed (as long as I dont miss the auction, LOL j/k )

smpolyp
12/16/2002, 06:32 PM
Jon has a dream of hosting MACNA in Orlando in 2004. If we are going to help this dream come true we first need to have a few smaller events to help build us up and show that we can handle the task. Jon has asked a couple of advanced aquarist (Martin Moe,Julian Sprung,ect) if they would like to speak for us one day. They all seem to say no problem. So we need some good people to help plan and pull this off. Who's in?

Fuzzy
12/16/2002, 07:30 PM
Count me in!
I earn my living doing technical production for large scale theatrical, concert, and corporate events.
I'd be thrilled to offer my help and expertise.

Sir Knight
12/16/2002, 09:56 PM
Russell,
I would help except I don't think I will be in the area.

I have another idea. Why not make it a state wide event and have the frag swap and guest speaker all in one.

After meeting the gang at John's house I know this club can pull off a convention in 2004 and this will give me a reason to come back to FL.

One last thing: I would like to nominate Jon for president and the entire board for a second term.

Joe W.;)

smpolyp
12/26/2002, 07:54 PM
Fuzzy if you are going to the next meeting (Jan)at Richards let me know and we will talk some more.
Joe and Marie let us know what type of things you can do when you move. I know it's not fare to ask ,since you are moving, but we can use all the help we can get.

Sir Knight
12/26/2002, 08:55 PM
Marie and I are going to be heavily involved in my new business after we move out of Orlando, but we can continue updating the ORCA website until you find a replacement webmaster, but we would like that changeover to take place as soon as possible, say no later than April 2003.

If there are any volunteers that would like to webmaster for ORCA, please let me and the Board of Directors know.

Joe W.

Fuzzy
12/26/2002, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure if I will be able to get to the Jan. meeting. I'm currently booked on LotuSphere at the Dolphin. But I have been asked to mix another show in Key Biscayne around the same dates.......... I'll know more after the 1st of the year.

If I can't make the meeting, we can try for a phone conference or perhaps get together one evening. Either way is fine by me.

Nick