PDA

View Full Version : Strombus Grazer eggs

moze229
12/11/2002, 10:10 PM
Does anyone have pictures of what these eggs look like or know where I can find one? I've done searches on here and out on various search engines and can't find anything. Thanks.

Matt

Nagel
12/12/2002, 04:38 AM
I dont have a picture, but here's a decent description:

Small, maybe 1/8 - 3/16 diameter clear circles with 8-12 tiny white dots contained within each clear circle. Usually there are a dozen or more clear circles, though sometimes they will lay singles here and there.

Hatched ones are missing the white dots and sometimes appear brownish in areas.

HTH

JBIT
12/12/2002, 08:17 AM
Nagel has a pretty good description. Usually in my tank I see them on the aquarium glass, but they also show up on powerheads and plumbing. Maybe they are on the rocks too, but they would be hard to see on them. The egg sacs are clear and are about the size of a BB. You can see groups of little white spots within the sacs. In my tank, they usually lay clusters (3-4) of egg sacs together. I have very few single egg sacs.

moze229
12/12/2002, 11:25 AM
Thanks! I think I have a pretty good idea what I'm looking for now. If I think I see some, I'll take a pic and have you guys verify. Then I can put it up somewhere so that people know what these things look like. Helpful for people like me that don't have a clue :)

Matt