PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing tonight

K. Lee
12/06/2002, 11:18 PM
Hope my size 12 hook is small enough for my A. polymnus driving me crazy. The little $%$%%% is trying to host in my new T. gigas!

I know after dark the fish still feeds while everyone else is sleeping, so . . ..

FWIW, I removed it's host the other day, http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133022

K. Lee
12/06/2002, 11:22 PM
And when she is not irritating my clam, it is trying to mate with my T. perculas or harrassing fish it's put on its hate list.

icebear
12/06/2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by K. Lee
Aargh! Two mornings ago, I awoke to a tank with no hippo. This was the anemone's second hippo. The first lasted about 60 seconds, the last about one month. Fish was doing great too.

S. haddoni ate at least:

2 hippos (small)
1 Vanderbilt dmsel
1 Blue Spotted Jawfish

So the S. haddoni is in my 45 gallon reef now. :mad:

you have an anemone that is eating your fish? :(

K. Lee
12/06/2002, 11:25 PM
Uh, yeah. S. haddoni's are fish eaters, mine loves them a bit too much. :(

K. Lee
12/07/2002, 01:27 AM
Woop.

The hook and line was laughable, might have been my bait (1/2 a dethawed krill), the fact that all the fish are well fed, or my approach (half arm in water :)). The polymnus did it's best tail wagging at this (best I've ever seen in a fish) :D, but that was about it.

I underestimated my fish catching skills, I guess, because I managed to subdue the bugger with a net and "fish tongs" <-new this would be useful for something :D in only about 5-10 minutes with NO DAMAGE!! Wow! :D

So later tonight she'll go into the 45 with her old host, a blue S. haddoni, and the other smaller A. polymnus to terrorize that tank.

kozmo02
12/07/2002, 01:46 AM
where did you get your T.Gigas

TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

K. Lee
12/07/2002, 01:48 AM
LOL. LFS here in Jersey. :D

cal3v
12/07/2002, 03:13 AM
Anybody out there try the good ol' spear? hehe, had to skewer a little clown goby when he was sleeping to catch him. had a needle super glued to the tip of a chop stick. BTW, he's doing fine, in a net:D .

kozmo02
12/07/2002, 03:15 AM
anyone know where to find T.Gigas online??

cal3v
12/07/2002, 03:37 AM
check out www.clamsdirect.com

K. Lee
12/07/2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by cal3v
Anybody out there try the good ol' spear? hehe, had to skewer a little clown goby when he was sleeping to catch him. had a needle super glued to the tip of a chop stick. BTW, he's doing fine, in a net:D .

I can tell you that I was thinking of worse devices. :mad: Just glad I got her out. I've heard stories of Maroon Clownfish being terrors so never tried them, but if they are anything like the A. polymnus, I don't want them. For the sake of fairness these are tank raised A. polymnus, so maybe they are not all this obnoxious. Really beautiful fish tho.

icebear
12/07/2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by kozmo02

TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sounded exactly like Miss Cleo just then! :D ahhh that horrible fake accent she had... Call me-noooow!

sorry, i am easily amused....