PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel eating habits

rcarrington
12/05/2002, 03:45 PM
Hi-- Just got a flame angel a few days ago -- the most awesome looking fish I've ever kept. The problem is, he's only eating pods from the rock, and refusing live brine, flake, blender mush, etc. This is a problem for me, because I have a mandarin and I can't afford to have another fish eating up his food. (the mandarin is doing very well, but at this rate I'm afraid he'll run out of food in a few weeks/months).

Any suggestions on getting the angel to eat my food and not the only eating the pods?

Thanks!!

EdKruzel
12/06/2002, 12:14 AM
If he eating from the substrate and the LR then he should begin to eat the other food you feed within the week.

Have patience...

Ed

ReefGeekster
12/06/2002, 02:33 AM
Ed is right, give the little Angel some time, a few days he's still acclimating...

Rainman
12/06/2002, 09:55 AM
I introduced a flame angel to my reef tank about a month ago. It took almost two weeks before he'd compete for the food that I'd provide.

Prior to accepting spirulina flake and frozen brine, he made short work of all the pale/white coloured sponges which lined the roof of the various live rock cavework, but he's never touched my red ball sponge.

I've found flames to take quite a while to aclimate, you just need to be patient. And you're right, they are awesome looking things. :smokin:

Phil