PDA

View Full Version : What is this junk??

I_Like_Fishies
11/30/2002, 07:03 PM
I can't really get a good pic of the stuff I'm talking about, but we'll try this anyways. I'm guessing it's a algae or plant. It's a tanish off white color, kind of looks like dead grass but it has branches coming off of it instead of just one single strand. It's between 1/8th and 1/4 of an inch long. It's somewhat shaped like one of those tall cactus or a reef. There is some of my LR that is just covered with the stuff and others that barely have any or none at all. I just dont know what this stuff is, what causes it, and how to get rid of it. I'm working of getting rid of many of my fish if that will help any to lighten the bioload, I will prolly just keep the tangs and bicolor angel. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
All of that lighter colored stuff is what I'm talking about, this is the worst rock I have.

DgenR8
11/30/2002, 08:40 PM
I really can't see anything in the pic., but from your description I would guess sponges. I see in your sig. that you know you have sponges. These might just be a type you didn't know you had.

I_Like_Fishies
11/30/2002, 09:09 PM
Yes, that makes sense to me now, I've seen sponges on different sites here and there and they are much smaller but look exactly the same, thanks!