PDA

View Full Version : Pet Warehouse

danman
01/15/2001, 08:39 PM
Opinions on petwarehouse? They seem to have some good prices on some things. Thinking of buying from them....anyone have experience good or bad? Also, I've never ordered livestock before. I always buy locally. Any special considerations, or what are the general rules for shipping and stuff....thank you..

dsb1829
01/15/2001, 08:50 PM
Check this one out. It is actually pretty recent.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=12376

I have oredered drygoods from them a couple of times and have been satisfied with the service and delivery. They carry some of the smaller basic items that most of the online vendors and LFS don't. But it sounds like you should skip them for the livestock.

shred5
01/15/2001, 08:52 PM
I have ordered from them with no problems. I would only order drygoods from them. I usually only order from premium aquatics, but if they dont have something I need then I will use pet warehouse.

Dave

lionhead
01/15/2001, 08:57 PM
I have had no problems with the livestock from Pet warehouse. I have received several shipments of very nice fish, inverts, and corals. Livestock department was there to help with any questions that I had.

eyeguy
01/15/2001, 10:06 PM
Very good for dry goods. Customer service has always been great as well. Highly recommended IMO, but be sure to comparison shop. I can often find better prices elsewhere. Never have ordered livestock so no experienced opinion...however, I personally prefer to stick with dealers who deal with livestock exclusively to ensure quality. May not be the case, but somehow buying livestock from Pet Warehouse seems analagous to buying fish from WalMart. JMO

smiller
01/16/2001, 07:56 AM
I have used them for years for dry goods. The people are friendly and customer service has always been good if I have a problem. If I am buying something that is on the expensive side, I shop around and usually get it somewhere else. But for test kits, additves, salt, ect. I have found their prices in line with most. And if you don't have any heavy items, you can get 2nd day del. for an extra $3.95.

bjmumy
01/16/2001, 09:36 AM
I have ordered dry goods from them and received good service but I'd order livestock elsewhere. I don't think they are nearly as knowledgeable as a lot of other online retailers as far as livestock goes. Premium Aquatics will always be my first choice for online livestock.

Tumblin
01/16/2001, 01:30 PM
My two cents...

I prefer Premium Aquatics, but have ordered dry goods from Pet Warehouse on several occasions and never had a problem. I have never ordered livestock, so no comment there. Also, please feel free to order and send stuff back open...they have a great sale once a year of all the open box products, and I live 10 mins from their warehouse, so bonus for me. =)

Tum

moses
01/16/2001, 02:00 PM
I ordered my live rock from them. Excellent quality Marshall Island and Tonga branch. I got show pieces of Marshall Island... you know like a complete head of an acropora skeleton (lots of holes and caves and such). Some of the Tonga branch pieces were 16-18" long which is impressive in that many FS stores only sell 5-6" long segments (at a higher price!)

Now the rock came same day delivery via airport shipping, and had a heck of a lot of life on it... snails, crabs, feathers, and worms.

So I can't say anything but good about these guys. They provided superior service for me in terms of price, quality, and service (live customer support, customized order, toll-free number, you know... all the good stuff!)