PDA

View Full Version : New tank---on stand, equipment room almost done!

johnrags1234
11/28/2002, 09:08 PM
Hey everyone. I got my oceanic 58rr on its stand tonight. I also aranged everything in my equipment room. The equipment room is actualy just a big closet under my stairs. In there I have my sump, fresh h20 resevoir, salt h20 resevoir, a little shelf, top-off supply, and room for a refugium a little later. The whole thing actually took a long time. Where my tank is now, there used to be a HUGE chest, and ,my moms good china was in it, so it took FOREVER to unload and move...... phew nothing broke! My brother in- law is coming over tomorrow to drill the holes for the to/from tank lines. We also are going to install electric outlets in there. This is realy exciting!:bum: :smokin: :eek: :D I will post pics when i finish the plumbing tomorrow

UNTIL NEXT TIME, JOHN

IRISSERVICE
11/28/2002, 09:11 PM
Just a recommendation coat it with good outdoor paint to protect against moister. And install a bathroom exhaust to help with the moister.

johnrags1234
11/28/2002, 09:13 PM
THX, I wil take that into consideration. Thanks again

IRISSERVICE
11/28/2002, 09:27 PM
No problem a friend of mine did a similar setup and used gloss white floor paint on the floor, walls, ceilings, and door to his stair case. With a bathroom ceiling vent and some 4" tin piping exhausting out the house and vent cap. The whole setup cost $75.00 and looks awesome.