PDA

View Full Version : Overflow adn tank upgrade setup question///

Bamm Bamm
01/14/2001, 10:47 AM
Ok the stand and canopy for the 90 is done all I have to do is stain it and seal it...SO once again Iam faced with the overflow problems..I have decided the have the tank drilled in the back but am unsure of what size bulkheads with screened fitting Iam gonna need for overflows..The reason Iam at this dilema is because Iam gonna be running a Mag1200 for my return so I need my overflow to keep up with the return..I would like to run maybe 2 back wall overflows maybe either two 1"overflow or 2 1.25" overflows...What would you guys recomend...And then in the next few weeks I will be setting this up along with the 55 gallon sump...I will be transfering the contents of the 46bowfront reef, the 25gallon acrylic reef, and the 20gallon sump...Iam curious as to what everyone else has done that has upgrading and like pretty much doubles there water volume what they did the new tank is going directly right where the 46 is so settign them both up at he same time is out of the question...I would like to transfer everythign over in one day...This will be including the 185+#'s of live rock and the 200lbs of live sand..Can i just mix up some new water??and let it mix for a week or so Or should I buy a bunhc of that actual ocean water they sell at the LFS..(prob not do that like $1 a gallon)...So anyways what have you guys done..Rob how did you do it....Thanks in advance...>Dan

Bamm Bamm
01/14/2001, 02:36 PM
up