PDA

View Full Version : OT: A List for guys who like LISTS

Unarce
01/09/2008, 07:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=080109/seasons

Unarce
01/09/2008, 07:26 PM
If you don't agree with Wilt standing tall at No. 1, imagine if they factored in his off-the-court accomplishments as well;) ;)

http://www.nba.com/media/51894777_77.jpg

Underwaterparadise
01/09/2008, 09:50 PM
No beefs with the list but the Patriots can...............well you know! The first team to ever get caught cheating is also the first team to go 16-0 in the regular season!

IMO what QB could not put up those numbers with the team around him? IMO any QB can be good with a good O line! The pats have the least amount of sacks given up, 2 probowl WR maybe 3, probowl RB and a coach that when he is not cheating can be very good! Put Brady behind my 49ers line with the 49er WR and let's see how good he really is! Just like Montana Brady has the benefit of a great TEAM and IMO is not even close to the greatest QB to ever play. Without the defense Joe had and Brady has neither one of them would have done squat! Ok I'm done..............if you can't tell I have a really foul taste in my mouth for the Pats and the whole Spy gate thing just inflamed it!

fishsoldseprtly
01/09/2008, 11:02 PM
the 49ERS in their days had a WAAAAY better D than the Pats as well.

Unarce
01/09/2008, 11:05 PM
I do enjoy watching Brady, though, as he so reminds me of Montana. Joe is the friendliest, most down to earth sports figure I've ever met.

kdblove_99
01/09/2008, 11:33 PM
I hate the list!!!! Jordan is the best ever!

QB's I might have to agree with Brady, The guy is a stud.

I'm a Cowboy fan and have to say what pats did this year is incredible. I cant believe how sik i am of hearing this spygate crap.

Do you guys realize that happened in week #1 against the Jets and the tapes never even made it to the locker room, The secruity guard stopped them before they got them there.

So I'm very curious how that helped them go 16-0?

By the way Montana is a jerk. A little curly haired blonde kid handed Joe a football to have him sign it not only did Joe not sign it he kicked it in the parking lot, What a jerk!

pbetito
01/09/2008, 11:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11563678#post11563678 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99

By the way Montana is a jerk. A little curly haired blonde kid handed Joe a football to have him sign it not only did Joe not sign it he kicked it in the parking lot, What a jerk!

You are messing with me right Davey? Did I tell you that story? ( I must have) You aren't referring to an incident that happened at Sierra College like 18 years ago are you? That exact thing happened to me when I was gathering autographs at Sierra College in like 1989-1990. I have rooted against Montana and the niners ever since. My ball ended up being signed by Rice, Taylor, Lott, Craig, Clark, and Steve Young.
I also agree that Jordan should be a top 3 AT LEAST! ( Tiger and Wilt can qualify as competiton) Brady is so cool under fire he makes the entire Patriots a MUCH better team. Try and remember Rob that before Brady was Bledsoe and that team was not the same. I would take Brady over Montana any day of the week.

kdblove_99
01/09/2008, 11:47 PM
Paul,

you did tell me that story

Unarce
01/09/2008, 11:48 PM
The List is just based on individual achievements, so I'm fine with it. If it was about being the GOAT, it'll be completely different.

If anything, the Spygate deal only added fuel to their fire. I'm sure opposing teams wished it would just go away, so the Pats have less bulletin board material.

I can't believe what I'm reading about Joe Cool.

pbetito
01/09/2008, 11:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11563808#post11563808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Unarce

I can't believe what I'm reading about Joe Cool.

Karl, On my favorite fishe's life it happened :eek2:

Unarce
01/09/2008, 11:57 PM
Sorry to hear that, Paul! I've only seen him in non-sport settings, so maybe he's completely different.

pbetito
01/10/2008, 12:09 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11563893#post11563893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Unarce
Sorry to hear that, Paul! I've only seen him in non-sport settings, so maybe he's completely different.

Maybe he was just having a bad day? That's the thing when your a celebrity, people make up their mind about you based on a 15 second meeting. I was like 12 and was really upset because the flawless ball with several signatures already on it, got scuffed. I guess when York bought the team and drove it into the ground, that was karma :lol:

Underwaterparadise
01/10/2008, 03:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11563678#post11563678 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99

Do you guys realize that happened in week #1 against the Jets and the tapes never even made it to the locker room, The secruity guard stopped them before they got them there.

So I'm very curious how that helped them go 16-0?

Typical Cowboy fan rant hahahahaha!!!! I'm sure Joe has a bad day like any person that has to sign 100 autographs a day! Besides I have always thought Steve young was a better QB and overall person then Joe, just didn't have as good of talent around him!

Belechick has been filming every year as the Pats coach not just one game! You have to be crazy to think otherwise!

Paul, Bledsoe is the one who got them to the playoffs and Brady just took over a Solid Team and has had a solid team every year since. I'm not saying he is not good but IMO a great O line can make any QB good, evan a 7th round pick ;)

bladeruner143
01/10/2008, 03:29 PM
Two words, Peyton Manning!!!!!!