PDA

View Full Version : Feed back for Grevedin and explanaition

miktrav
11/16/2002, 08:20 AM
Just to clear this up. On a previous occasion I had made arrangements to purchase a torch coral from this guy. We agreed on a price beforehand and arranged a time for pickup. Once I got there to do the pickup he started hemming and hawing and saying he didn't know if he wanted to let this piece go for the price we had agreed on. After about 30 minutes of looking at his tank and listening to him try to get more money than the agreed on price I finally said I had to go. It wasn't until then that he decided to let me have the coral for the price we'd agreed on. Despite this it was a nice piece so I began to arrange to buy a few other pieces from him. Instead of giving me a price on the phone like I continually requested he kept trying to get me to come over and take a look first.

Yes we had made an appointment for Saturday but when I finally wrung a price out of him over the phone minutes before I was to leave I told him I wasn't interested at that price and I left it at that. Needless to say I was surprised on Monday when he called wondering why I hadn't shown up. Well the reason was I had told him I wasn't interested and didn't feel like going over there to haggle like I was at a used car lot.

As a seller and a person set your price and stick with it. If I feel it is fair I will pay it and if not you still have your item. I could have gotten the same type of Colt coral for much cheaper at my LFS.

grevedin
11/17/2002, 01:35 PM
Mike,

I think the feedback I have received from other people says it all....enough said.

PS: Mike, if you didn't do anything wrong, then why did you finally apologize when I called you to find out what happened?

joshsaul
11/17/2002, 01:54 PM
Having met Grevedin several times, I would like to add my two cents to this review.

Grevedin has sold me several wonderful corals in the past few months. His tank is very well stocked and EXTREMELY HEALTHY. All of the items he has sold me have done very well in my tank and I am already cutting frags from them.

We have also traded some fish/frags/rock/sand and he was extremely generous with everything.

As far as prices, different people always disagree on the value of livestock. That being said, it is the seller's right to ask any price and I have always felt that Grevedin's prices were substantially cheaper than any store or home grower in the area.

There were never any issues with meeting times or other inconveniences. He is a good seller/trader, excellent technical resource for your reef questions, and a very nice person to deal with.

Grevedin is an A+ member and you should jump at the opportunity to see his tank and purchase some of his corals.

-JoshSaul

miktrav
11/17/2002, 05:22 PM
The both of us know what really happened that day Giovanni so my conscience is clear. Can you say the same.

Mike

grevedin
11/17/2002, 05:27 PM
I certainly can, and I'm not the one who lacks common courtesy here.

miktrav
11/17/2002, 05:42 PM
Then why did you call me back the next day offering to lower your price? 1) We talked, 2) I managed to get a price out of you after nearly a week, 3) I told you I didn't want it, 4) you offered to work something out, 5) I still said no, 6) you called me back the next day offering to lower your price. This is what happened end of story. No embellishments here. Yes Josh Saul is right you, you as a seller have the right to sell for whatever price you choose. But I as a buyer have the right to refuse to pay that price and make my purchase elsewhere. Which is exactly what I did when I purchased a frag from a fellow reefer.

IT'S MY MONEY AND I CAN SPEND IT WHERE I WANT TO.

Mike

grevedin
11/17/2002, 06:02 PM
Mike,

The prices were always posted on the original post on reef central. That is where I believe you found out in the first place that I was selling corals.

Secondly, you pestered me for better prices/tried to bargain down (also calling me on a week night after 11.30pm) when you knew perfectly well that they were posted on reefcentral.

When I called you on Monday, I was not trying to offer you the coral at a better price, but I wanted to know what happened to you because you did not show up, besides I only had your work number. I had even sent you two e-mails on Saturday and on Sunday inquiring why you didn't show up, but you did not respond(again, lack of common courtesy, may I add).

So Mike, please do not try and bend the truth, and again, other people's feedback on me says it all...

miktrav
11/17/2002, 06:20 PM
There you go lying again. Anyone who remembers your threads will know that no prices were posted initially on your livestock and that they were only modified the Monday after we talked. I'm sure that one of the moderators can verify this.

Mike

miktrav
11/17/2002, 06:22 PM
That's the nice thing about computers I'm sure people keep plenty of backups.

Mike

miktrav
11/17/2002, 06:24 PM
By the way I see you still have that colt. And what do you know listed at the $65 you offered to lower it to from the $85 you originally requested.

IT'S STILL MY MONEY AND I STILL SPEND IT WHERE I WANT TO.

MIKE

miktrav
11/17/2002, 06:27 PM
You know what? I'm getting tired of this. I've made my point and nothing you have to say will change the facts. As far as I'm concerned this thread is closed.

MIKE

grevedin
11/17/2002, 07:19 PM
Mike,

You are right, computers leave a trace, in fact if you look at the original post and ensuing threads (4th one down), you will notice I posted in bold "Reduced Prices even further", hence the lower price on the colt coral:

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121291

Furthermore, I have further evidence (in my sent items box) of my two e-mails sent to you on that Saturday and Sunday asking what happened to you, to which you never replied...

I guess we can now both agree that it ends here.

miktrav
11/18/2002, 09:28 AM
I bet you're hoping that one of the administrators here doesn't look back at your post and see that no price was posted on that colt originally. It still feels good to know I'm right even if I can't prove it.

Mike

miktrav
11/18/2002, 12:22 PM
This is what you posted when someone said your prices were a bit on the high side:

Hi,

In normal circumstances I would agree with you. However, the pieces I am selling are really nice pieces and big. For example, when I post large rock with bright green mushrooms, the rock has over 20 large mushrooms on it. I don't think that it is much to ask $45, especially if I bought the piece for over $60 at the LFS, and also the fact that the corals have thrived for over 6 months in my tank I think is a good thing. At the LFS you will get mostly imported corals whose survival rate is not guaranteed after the long trip they have made.

Thanks for the advice though.

Regards,
Giovanni

90 Gallon reef SPS, LPS, Soft Corals, 40 Gallon Sump with Refugium, Euroreef CS6-2 Skimmer, Korallin Calcium Reactor, Ph Controller, (2)250W MH + (2) 96W PC Actinics

You posted this in thread http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121291 13th message down.

This is what you sent me in an e:mail when I asked how many mushrooms were on your rocks:

Hi Mike,

The green star polyp is still for sale. I will go down to $25 on that piece.
I also have various capnella frags for sale, and I am also thinking of selling
the huge colt coral I have.

I also will sell the leather toadstool coral and a large green fluorescent
Zoanthids.

The mushrooms rocks have have about 2-4 on them.

You should definitely come by, as I am selling most of my soft corals.

Let me know when you would like to come next week.

Regards,
Giovanni

Giovanni xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
New York, NY 10011
home: (646) xxx xxx
mobile:(917) xxx-xx

The only change I have made here is highlighting text in bold and removing name, address, and phone information. Anyone that wants to see the original e:mail I can forward it directly from my inbox.

Mike

grevedin
11/18/2002, 12:38 PM
Mike,

If you look down on my threads you will notice that I have added other corals over time, (threads 4, 6 and 7 specifically mention that more corals have been added)

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121291

and the rock with bright green mushrooms was not on sale at the time I sent you that e-mail (item # 17 in the list), nor was the large rock with red/brown mushrooms (item #4 on the list).

To be precise, when I sent you the e-mail I was referring to variuos smaller pieces of rock with 2-4 mushroom polyps on them, which are also on sale (item # 10 on the list).

Mike, do you really think I would be asking 45$ for a rock with 2-4 mushrooms on it? Come on, please do not insult my intellect and get your facts right...

miktrav
11/18/2002, 12:42 PM
Yes you added new corals just like you added prices that were not there in the initial posting.

Mike

grevedin
11/18/2002, 01:00 PM
Mike, when you arranged to meet with me again the post had been up on the site for at least a couple of weeks, if not more, and the prices were already on there.

I am sure that the other people who came to see me during the last 3 weeks and bought/traded corals with me can confirm that prices were on the post.

Mike, you seem to forget that the issue, is not about prices, and I explained that when we talked on that Monday. You are right, you can spend your money however you wish, and nobody is asking you to buy from me.

The issue however, is that you had arranged to come by, and never showed up, didn´t call to cancel, didn´t reply to my e-mails, made me sit around waiting for you, and I finally had to find out what happened when I called you in the office. Now that is just rude and not the way I am used to dealing with people.

miktrav
11/18/2002, 01:44 PM
I told you on the phone that I WAS NOT INTERESTED in your coral at the prices you had stated. I repeated that to you again when you called on Monday. I don't know why you waited for me. As far as I was concerned the issue was over and that's why I never responded to your e:mails. In our conversation that Saturday on the phone YOU were the one that insisted that I come over and take a look despite the fact that I told you I was not interested. I never responded so why you would wait around for me is beyond any explanation I can give. I too do not have time to waste and that's what I would have been doing if I had driven to NY and have to drive back to NJ empty handed because a price mutually agreeable to us both had not been set. When you called on Monday I expressed the same thing and told you I no longer wished to deal with you regardless of your price. This was because of the rude way you approached me when you called. I did not and still do not have any obligation to buy anything from you. As I stated you have a right to set your price and I have a right to choose to buy elsewhere.

Mike

grevedin
11/18/2002, 02:17 PM
Mike,

You never said you were not coming by. I even told you I was not at home and I would jump into a cab to make sure I would be there for you, which is what I did. I told you I would be home in max. 20 mins, and you said no problem because it would take you 45 mins to get there.

Do you think I would have rushed home, e-mailed you twice that weekend, and called you in the office to find out what happened, if you would have told me you were not coming by and were not interested?

Furthermore, lets assume your version is correct, then why did you not reply to my e-mails, and on Monday even apologized after I explained to you that it was not an issue about prices, but about common courtesy of alerting people if you change your plans?

Anyway, I guess the surprise for the phone call in the office was that you thought you could get away with your behaviour.

Mike, you have wasted enough of my time at this point, and all I can add, as I did in my original feedback on you is:

Sellers Beware

delafe
01/06/2003, 07:36 AM
I only have good things to say about my dealings with Grevedin, I purchased some xenia, the toadstool, a large frag of capnella and the v.lg anthelia from him. Not only did he give me a discount, but he threw in about 4 frags of montipora and capnella.

I walked out of his home with 8 new corals and 2 ocillating returns that he was going to ship back and I took off of his hands at COST because they were AWESOME for less than what I expected to pay for the 3 corals I intended to purchase.

-Alfred

miktrav
01/07/2003, 10:40 PM
Well good for you. You had a good experience. I didn't. I simply put in writing what happened to me when I tried to make arrangements for buying from this guy. I've already moved on and am now buying my livestock at The Hidden Reef where the price I see marked on the tank is the price I pay.

Mike

delafe
01/07/2003, 11:34 PM
[Sorry, duplicate message]

delafe
01/07/2003, 11:38 PM
Mike:

This isn't my "discussion", but I have to interject here- leaving negative feedback is a pretty serious thing, especially when the community of this hobby is so small.

I have only met Giovanni once, and he does not appear to be in tremendous need. If anything, he was eager to get rid of these corals so that he could make certain changes to his tank. He was so eager, that he gave me 4 "frags" and a very large anthelia. He could have held out to get the $25 or so he was asking for, but instead he "threw it in".

-Alfred

miktrav
01/10/2003, 09:21 AM
Delafe,

And your point is? What does this have to do with my experience with him? I simply told what happened when I tried to deal with him. I never said he was in need or any other such thing. I simply stated my experience with him.

You guys ever thought that the negative feedback here might be influencing his current actions? I bet he mentioned this thread to you so you could come here and put in some good comments for him.

Mike

grevedin
01/10/2003, 09:55 AM
Delafe,

Thanks for the positive comments on me. As a suggestion, don't waste your time replying to Miktrav any more. He has wasted enough of my time, and will only end up wasting more of yours at this point.

;)

iceman16238
01/10/2003, 01:06 PM
Grevedin,
If u are still selling live sand and corals by the time i get my tank cycled, i will send u a email.

I know i should not get in other peoples business, but miktrav, why did u make a mutual price with him and then decide" I dont want it anymore" and not show up?

grevedin
01/10/2003, 02:36 PM
Hi Iceman,

No problem, just send me an e-mail when the tank is cycled. As far as the live sand is concerned, I am not selling it, but giving it away for free as it has been sitting in buckets long enough, and I am not sure how live it is in terms of creatures (I'm sure full of bacteria though). I have promised it to someone else, but if I still have when you get in touch I would be glad to give it to you.

To set the record straight about the whole issue with Miktrav, we had not agreed on a mutual price on the phone. I told him what I was asking, and that depending on what he was buying I was more than happy to work with him on the price (as I have done with everyone else who has bought from me). He then said he was on his way and would be there in 45min.

He then never showed up and that is why I was annoyed about the whole thing. As common courtesy suggests, I don't have any problems with people changing their minds, but then please let me know about it and don't make me wait around without getting back to me, or replying to my e-mails. I think most people would agree with that.

Regards,
Giovanni

houseofha
01/10/2003, 11:29 PM
Negative feedback _ this isn't negative , this is sissy wining!

I bought many corals from Grev, all good and was actually initially greeted with an outline of this experience. At first I was taken back with this introduction, but gave it some thought and realized (and can see clearly why here) why he was honest and making a statement up front about previous purchasers trying the haggle - sheesh man, get off it!!

I have only good things to say about Grev and am happy to say that the colt frag I got from him for FREE has attached, thrived and has shown signs of growth - he also threw in a sarcophyton (beautiful piece - I would guess 50 bucks at the LFS) for free. I also bought shrooms and they have been multiplying like rabbits. Can't wait to frag them. AND. . . . . he was nice enought to lend me his damsel trap for almost 3 weeks to catch a few pests in my tanks. What more could you want from doing business with someone.

I have to be honest here, it's one thing to post your experience and it's another to wine like a sissy.

Grev, keep up the good work and am glad we had a chance to get together and visit House of Fins in CT.

House

miktrav
03/18/2003, 12:39 PM
I have bought equipment and corals from several people here and have never had a problem as it regards to them setting a price. Giovanni did not initially set a price on the Colt. When he did I told him it was too much and I did not want it. Why should I drive to New York from NJ when I wasn't going to buy anything.

Giovanni must have a really guilty conscience to keep mentioning me to people who know nothing about me. I still feel good about my post here because at least he seems to be treating his customers better because of it.

Oh by the way the Colt coral that I bought from a fellow reefer here is doing really well along with the Corals I bought from The Hidden Reef.

houseofha
03/18/2003, 07:08 PM
I never said that he mentioned YOU - I said I was greeted by this experience. Issues man, serious issues . . .

Let it go!

House

miktrav
03/18/2003, 08:24 PM
Houseofha,

Whatever, the fact that he felt the need to mention this says it all.

Mike

grevedin
05/11/2003, 10:39 AM
Miktrav,

I was treating my customers very well way before I even dealt with you, and the positive feedback posts on me on this site were here before I had the experience of dealing with a rude person such as you.

By the way, love your quote, you may think about changing it given the way you have behaved...

miktrav
05/11/2003, 12:40 PM
Hello Giovanni,

I see you're back. Which one of my recent posts about my new equipment have you read that got you interested in me again? Or did you read them all?

Why should I change my sig? Because I decided not to buy a coral from you that I thought was overpriced? Or because you thought you had found a sucker who would take whatever you offered at whatever price you offered it at?

You and one or two others here are the reason I've been very cautious about buying used here. I've made all of my recent purchases for my brand new setup at online vendors and Reef shops. Although it's cost quite a bit more than I wanted to spend I can say that I'm definitely happy with the equipment and not worried if that piece was really a year old like the seller said or if that coral was really healthy or carrying flatworms when I got it.

Thanks,

Mike

grevedin
05/11/2003, 08:28 PM
Mike,

Smarten up a little! You keep missng the point, and I have already said that can buy your new and used equipment and your livestock wherever you want, and at the price you want.

However, since most individuals on this forum do not have a business where people like you can walk in at their whim, but are selling from their our own homes, and need to make time to accomodate buyers coming by, it is absolutely unacceptable to have to deal with rude and illmannered individuals such as you who make appointments, do not show up, and do not even call to cancel, or even worse to apologize, and then lie about their behavior on this post.

Mike, I don't know where you have been brought up, but that is certainly not the type of behaviour I am accustomed to, so please don't be surprised about the negative feedback when you seem to have no clue about common courtesy.

I can only hope you don't behave with others this way going forward.

miktrav
05/11/2003, 09:30 PM
Rude? Ill mannered? Liar? As I recall you were the one lying about there being a price listed on the board. How have I been rude to you? By telling you I didn't want your item? Ill mannered? What have I said or done to you that would make you say I am ill mannered? If you read through my posts here I have done nothing but try to get my point across that this transaction was not all as you say it was.

What? Because I spoke up and refused to let your feedback be the final word on this topic you got upset? If you noticed I started my own thread about your behaviour and didn't jump on yours. I let what you had to say stand. I never mentioned your thread to any of the people I have bought from before or after you posted your feed back. I didn't encourage anyone to post positive comments about me in your thread.

The truth hurts Giovanni that's why after all this time you have not been able to let this rest. It's nagging on your conscience so you have to tell everyone you know on this board about me.

Have a nice life Giovanni. I refuse to let you and people like you ruin my day so as I'm typing this I'm smiling and feeling satisfaction that I'm eating away at you so much.

Mike

grevedin
05/11/2003, 09:54 PM
Mike,

1. I guess you have problems reading if you are still wondering why I think you are rude and ill mannered.

2. The people who posted positive feedback on me and others who interjected on this post did so because of their own choice, I certainly did not solicit them.

3. I keep coming back on these topics, because you keep posting things which are not true, and I have objected to each one of your comments with concrete evidence to set things straight.

Giovanni

miktrav
05/11/2003, 10:10 PM
3. I keep coming back on these topics, because you keep posting things which are not true, and I have objected to each one of your comments with concrete evidence to set things straight.

You mean like the e:mail I posted where you said to come on over and take a look when I asked you for prices or the one I quoted where you had the mushrooms listed ......

OH hell I give up .....

This isn't going to stop is it? You're going to keep coming back to this thread aren't you?

Admit it, I bet you still have that Colt Coral. Having trouble finding a sucker to take it offf your hands? LOL.

I'm too happy about my new setup to keep this going any longer.

Good night Giovanni. I hope you get a good nights rest. I would also recommend you get lots of fiber. I've heard that Metamucil works.

LOL

Mike

grevedin
05/12/2003, 06:46 AM
Mike,

Keep laughing, but the Colt coral was sold a long time ago...and I don't think the buyer was a sucker, as he got e very good deal on a bunch of corals he bought from me.

;)

miktrav
05/12/2003, 07:41 AM
Well good for you Giovanni. I'm happy that you were able to sell your coral. I'm even happier it wasn't me that bought it. I personally wouldn't want to pay $60 some odd dollars for a coral that I could purchase elsewhere for 25 or 30 dollars and have the pleasure of watching it grow in my tank.

Once again, Good luck to you.

Mike

grevedin
05/14/2003, 09:27 PM
Mike,

By your responses it looks like it's nagging more on you than on me...

Best of luck.

;)

grevedin
05/14/2003, 09:55 PM
Mike,

Look what I have found:

Originally posted by BarryF:

miketrav, Mike, asked me to hold items for him for 11 days prior to me even putting them up for sale. On the day of pick-up he called me to tell me he couldn't make it even after I told 2 other buyers that the tank was sold (both of which subsequently found other purchases). One day later I received an email saying he didn't want the tank but he wanted some other things - I refused because I could have sold the tank as a package but I took his WORD saying that he wanted several things including the tank. I then received another email saying that he would take the original contract only for him to cancel AGAIN on the day of pick-up four days later from the previous email. I can appreciate that he had a financial emergency, but jerking my chain for over 3 weeks was not the way to go.

Full post here (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1323090#post1323090)

I think this says it all...

miktrav
05/15/2003, 03:56 AM
LOL,

As you will see if you read the entire post I had a financial emergency and couldn't make the pickup. The initial eleven days that he is referring to here is the eleven days that he asked me to wait because he wasn't able to sell at the time. I have the e:mails showing that I initially contacted him around 4/4/03 and he wasn't able to tell me to come do the pickup until 4/14/03.

However, I did make arrangements to pick up the tank and equipment when he was ready and since I wasn't able to you will note that he says in his post that I emailed to cancel. Nowhere does it say that I stood him up. That's what you are saying is the whole point of your complaint right?

Also you will note that I accepted responsibility for not making the purchase and even tried to help smooth over the other potential buyers' skepticism about purchasing from him. This was even though he had not posted about our transaction.

I guess you think that when someone expresses interest in a product they then become obligated to buy it. If that were the case then I should be obligated purchase the car that I recently test drove. The salesperson did spend a bit of time going over the features of the car with me. I guess it was wrong for me to leave him holding the bag after spending all that time. I guess I should not have bought that car at the other dealer's that was less expensive, came with lifetime free oil change, and a free alarm? After thinking about this maybe I should call this salesperson and apologize too since they spent so much time with me. I didn't even have any emergencies come up that needed the money I had allocated toward buying this car. I just made the decision and did it. What a terrible person I am. I will give myself 50 lashes. There are you satisfied Giovanni?

Giovanni, it's almost laughable the way you are scanning the boards looking for every tidbit you can find on me. Under occupation you should also add Reef board stalker. But that's not really an occupation since you don't get paid for it is it?

Once again have a good day,

Mike

PS

You'd think I took your merchandise and never paid you the way you're reacting. A buyer is allowed to say no or change his mind if he doesn't feel comfortable making a purchase. Or at least that's the way I see it. Giovanni, you keep saying I didn't cancel my appointment and that's why you're upset. But it's becoming more and more evident that you're just upset that I didn't make the purchase. You and I know very well that I made it very clear that I wasn't interested in spending $65 or whatever it was for a Colt coral. I said it before and I'll say it again. It's my money and I'll spend it how and where I want to.

delafe
05/15/2003, 10:58 AM
Mike:

The issue isn't that you are >NOT< entitled to change your mind, we all are. I think the big problem you created was in leaving negative feedback when you were clearly in the wrong.

Wow, 5 months later...

-Alfred

ralphie
05/15/2003, 11:49 AM
Just to add that I have bought a flame angel from Giovanni with no problems. He emailed me and told me when the fish was sick. He then held it for me for a few weeks, and was right there to allow me to pick it up.

Easy guy to deal with and great looking tank! :D

miktrav
05/15/2003, 12:18 PM
In the wrong for telling him I didn't want his coral? You guys seem to be missing the point that I told him I didn't want it. There was no reason for him to wait around for me. If he was so upset by me not showing up why call the next day and offer to lower his price? He called because he knew I told him I didn't want it at that price and he figured he'd give it another shot.

Why would someone who valued their time as much as he seems to spend all day waiting around for someone who didn't show in the first two hours? Why didn't he call me that day? He never called because my answer was a resounding "I don't want it."

I'm not commenting on anyone elses experiences just mine. And maybe if he had gotten away with treating me the way he seems to have wanted to none of you would have been having these good experiences. He seems to have wisened up.

Mike

grevedin
05/15/2003, 01:41 PM
Mike,

You are obviously unable to read.

On my initial post regarding this transaction I CLEARLY stated that I couldn't call you back because I did not have your personal/mobile number since you have caller ID blocked, and hence could only get hold of you the next Monday at your work number, which I did have.

In addition, I had even sent you two e-mails that weekend inquiring why you did not show up, to which you did NOT respond!

To end this, you CLEARLY stated you were stopping by, even though we had not agreed on a price, and said you would be there in 45 minutes, as I had told you I was not home yet and it would take me 20 minutes to get there and greet you.

It seems you have behaved in a similar way with BarryF, first saying you will do one thing, and then backing out.

Mike, at this point it's pretty obvious the kind of person you are, and this ends here, no matter how many stories you are going to come up with to tarnish my reputation, and divert the attention to your ill mannered behaviour.

Ciao,
Giovanni;)

miktrav
05/15/2003, 02:12 PM
Well excuse me for not keeping track of a post from 5 months ago. I still stand by the fact that I clearly told you that I did not want your coral. The same way that I told Barry that I no longer wanted his tank. You're just a sore loser that's trying to get even. For what I don't know. Maybe I offended you when you called back and I told you I wasn't interested. But, as I pointed out before you still had your coral and I'm entitled to say I don't want it.

By the way my new tank is coming along nicely.

Have a nice day,

Mike

cla009
05/15/2003, 02:35 PM
Never had a problem with Giovanni, prices good and quality good.

miktrav
05/15/2003, 02:43 PM
This is laughable. You guys enjoy yourselves. This is my final post to this thread.

I have the equipment and livestock that I wanted at the price that I wanted to pay for it. Nothing Giovanni has to say will change that.

I have tried to make the point that I told him I didn't want his coral and I think that point was made. Go ahead guys knock yourselves out.

Have a good day.

Mike

grevedin
05/16/2003, 02:12 PM
Mike,

This would have ended a long time ago if you would have just accepted your responsibilities and behaved as "man" should behave in times of controversy, and perhaps have apologized for your lack or respect towards me.

Instead, what has happened is that you have tried to divert the attention from yourself by trying to tarnish my reputation as an upstanding seller (please see the slew of positive feedback I have received on this post alone) by fabricating stories and trying to come up with fictitious arguments about me adding/changing prices.

I have rightly defended myself on every single point you have raised about me so far by providing clear evidence that you are in the wrong and have no basis to argue any further.

Unfortunately, every time that has happened you clearly have not read my responses carefully enough, and have tried to come up with yet other lies about me and my behaviour, to which I have had to respond to make sure other people reading this get the facts right.

And yes Mike, you might find this laughable, but frankly I don't think it is, because some of us would like to be considered honest and upstanding members of this fairly small community, especially when they have always acted that way.

Mike, if others have added their unsolicited positive coments about me on this board, there must clearly be a reason why...

I will leave everyone else who has made it this far decide for themselves.

;)

miktrav
05/20/2003, 11:38 AM
The prices were always posted on the original post on reef central. That is where I believe you found out in the first place that I was selling corals.

To set the record straight about the whole issue with Miktrav, we had not agreed on a mutual price on the phone

To end this, you CLEARLY stated you were stopping by, even though we had not agreed on a price, and said you would be there in 45 minutes, as I had told you I was not home yet and it would take me 20 minutes to get there and greet you.

Wow! You finally admit that you did not post a price. Maybe someday you'll admit that when you finally told me how much you wanted for the coral on the phone I told you I didn't want it. Forgive me for not explicitly saying, "I don't want your coral and I won't be coming over". There. Now are you happy? Was that enough of an apology for you? It's been a few months but I must have thought that when I said I didn't want your coral it would be understood that also meant that I wouldn't be spending 45 minutes driving into the city to return with nothing. I must have thought that someone who places such a great value on time as you do would understand that. Forgive me once again for the misunderstanding.

Maybe I can also get you to admit that you tried to change prices on me during our first transaction too. No? I thought that was too much to hope for.

Selective honesty seems to be your strong point. You at first claim that prices were posted. Then you claim that a price was not agreed to on the phone. That a price was not agreed to on the phone is true. You stated a price and I did not agree to it and told you I did not want your coral.

LOL

Mike

joshsaul
05/20/2003, 12:18 PM
Miktrav,

Let it go. This conversation has gone on long enough.

C_Kritter
05/21/2003, 09:50 AM
on the 11th and 12th posts of this thread, you both indicated that this thread should end. you should have done so at that time.

chalk this up to 2 good guys that did not have a good experience with each other. it happens so move on.