PDA

View Full Version : I am pregnant

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 11:35 AM
Welp, it's no joke. I am definitely pregnant. I am looking at it as a blessing to help me pull through some very difficult times. I got pregnant with my daughter during another very low point in my life and she was what kept me going and pulled me through. Maybe this is someone up aboves way of helping me out again. I am having a tough time with it though, as several people are saying that I am stupid for allowing it to happen in my situation. I have been trying though since my daughter was 6 months old and she will be 4 in less than two months. I had given up all hope of ever conceiving over a year ago so it was a definite shock.

clavery
01/01/2008, 11:43 AM
Well, congratulations. Things happen for a reason, and I'm sure your new child will bring you lots of love and happiness.

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you :)

I am sooooo excited, I can't wait to meet him or her! It is scary, but nothing melts fear away like the thought of having another angel to bless my household.

dc
01/01/2008, 11:48 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Kids can be such a joy, hopefully your little one will bring you all the happiness and uplifting you need in this time..

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 01:05 PM
Thank you Debi!

My daughter is so happy! She has been begging for a brother or sister and bunk beds, lol. She kept asking Santa for a sister and she just may get one :)

GoingPostal
01/01/2008, 01:24 PM
Congrats! Miracles happen when you least expect. Hopefully it's an easy pregnancy and another little girl, they're cuter to dress up!

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 01:31 PM
Well I had an easy time with my daughter at first until I kept going into premature labor then had an emergency surgery to remove a six pound tumor. Last time I went to the doctor, they did not know if I could carry another pregnancy to term because of the scar tissue on my uterus from my surgery so I have my fingers crossed :)

So far so good. Hardly any morning sickness (never had it with my daughter), no matter how much I clean the house still smells funny (I have a bloodhound nose right now, lol), my legs are cramping so bad it's hard to sit down or sleep, my belly is already popping out (good thing I recently lost 26 pounds or I would look like a cow), my ankles are so swlloen they look like cankles.... yep I am doing great! I can't wait for my belly to look like I am carrying a baby instead of just fat haha.

And yes, I want another girl! Got ma fingers crossed for that one too!

2fishy
01/01/2008, 01:49 PM
Congratulations!!! I agree that children are miracles and when you think that things are so bad that you can't get up in the morning, it somehow seems that they can bring happiness into your life over the silliest things!;)

I too have had the disbelief of finding out I was pregnant when I least expected it! Well, 3 times AFTER my 1st one was born! Don't worry about the things that seem so major right now. Things always seem to have a way of working themselves out! You and your family will be alright!

Happy New Year!:D

And I just read the part about having just lost all that weight! That seems to be the time that it usually happens! That's what was in common with all 3 of those "AFTER" times! I think I'll just stay fluffy now!:lol:

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks Carole! Happy new year to you too!

I agree, from now on, NO diets. I wanted two kids and this will be my two, lol.

BeakerBob
01/01/2008, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE]The past never happened,
the future will never come,
and the present isn't real.[QUOTE]
Congratulations xxpipedreamxx!! While is may seem a burden and inconvinient for now, it is a blessing in disguise. Make the most of it...it's very difficult, but take a look at the positive side.

Ritten
01/01/2008, 02:21 PM
Congratulations Mom!!!!

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 03:33 PM
Thank you once again. A child is always a blessing no matter what. It is a gift from above :)

JokerGirl
01/01/2008, 03:36 PM
Congrats! Hopefully things work out the way that they need to!

Potsy
01/01/2008, 03:49 PM
Congratulations! We too are expecting our second child - a boy this time around. Before Carrie was born, I so often heard people tell me, "nothing is more intense than the love for your own child" that it became a boring cliche after awhile. But, man, were they right!

Good luck!

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 07:15 PM
Yes they are right Potsy! I hear it nonstop from faimly members but I catch myself saying the exact same thing to everyone else, lol! Congrats to you too as well :)

Thanks Jokergirl.

jpfelix
01/01/2008, 07:25 PM
congratulations!

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 08:50 PM
:) :) :)

VoidRaven
01/01/2008, 09:01 PM
Well congrats to you!!! We are expecting our first at the end of June. Mrs VR has been doing very well so far and we are thankful for that. Probably will find out if boy or girl before the birth...will make getting the room ready a lot easier.

And you are right...things do happen for a reason...even if it's not clear for a while. Wishing you all the best!

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks and congrats to you! Yep finding out the sex is the best bet at least for me otherwise its a lot of hassle getting a nursery and clothes together, lol.

xxaquanutxx
01/01/2008, 09:13 PM
Congrats!!! Kids have a way of making things better!!!

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 09:50 PM
It will be better for me but it made the marriage worse, lol.

I believe marriage is a lost cause at this point :(

skippy2
01/01/2008, 10:25 PM
Did you explain to your husband it takes 2 to tango? I don't mean to be flippant but I have read a few of your threads. It's tuff, I know, but you sound like you have the wherewithal to preserver. Congratulations on the new baby. I'll bet your daughter is thrilled. :)

Hoggn
01/01/2008, 11:00 PM
I wish you the best with a new child.

xxpipedreamxx
01/01/2008, 11:07 PM
Yep I explained it to him but he believes that it is not his, has accused me of having abortions every time he is on deployment, and if I answer the phone or get online believes that I am cheating. LOL his insecurities freak me out sometimes. This is why I have had no job, no life, no friends and have never even been to the store alone during our nearly three year marriage. Haha it's funny because he is the habitual lier that has been caught with three girls!

My daughter is absolutely thrilled! She can't wait. She tries to look into my belly button to see the baby. It is so cute :)

ACBlinky
01/01/2008, 11:10 PM
Congratulations! We've been trying for about three years now (married 10 years) but nothing so far. I'm so glad that even though you're feeling low you see this as nothing but a blessing - it really is. I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly for you and you luck out again with no morning sickness ;)

Congrats again :D

BrianD
01/01/2008, 11:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11501284#post11501284 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xxpipedreamxx
It will be better for me but it made the marriage worse, lol.

I believe marriage is a lost cause at this point :(

Why would you have another child then :confused:

xxpipedreamxx
01/02/2008, 12:26 AM
UM it was an accident. Having a child has nothing to do with my marriage. I am perfectly capable of being a wonderful mother on my own as I have done it before. I don't need a man.

ACBlinky, I wish you the best :) I have tried since my daughter was about 9 months old. She will be four soon.

BigSkyBart
01/02/2008, 09:26 AM
congrats & good luck on the new babe and good luck with the marriage too.

crp
01/02/2008, 10:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11501793#post11501793 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xxpipedreamxx
Yep I explained it to him but he believes that it is not his, has accused me of having abortions every time he is on deployment, and if I answer the phone or get online believes that I am cheating. LOL his insecurities freak me out sometimes. This is why I have had no job, no life, no friends and have never even been to the store alone during our nearly three year marriage. Haha it's funny because he is the habitual lier that has been caught with three girls!

My daughter is absolutely thrilled! She can't wait. She tries to look into my belly button to see the baby. It is so cute :)

Why would you continue to sleep with a man that treats you that way?

And why would you subject your daughter to that type of environmental?

And why would you bring another child into that environment?

xxpipedreamxx
01/02/2008, 11:06 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11503520#post11503520 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crp

And why would you subject your daughter to that type of environmental?

And why would you bring another child into that environment?

Excuse me, this is my marriage. I am not staying in that environment. I left it right after I discovered that I was pregnant. And not that it is anyones business but he had just gotten back from a deployment when I got pregnant.

As for the negativity, please keep it out of my thread and take it elsewhere.

This is a happy time and by God I want to keep it that way.

coralnut99
01/02/2008, 11:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11501793#post11501793 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xxpipedreamxx

And why would you subject your daughter to that type of environment.

Those are my only two questions. You sound like a strong family-oriented person who needs to get out of that situation before your baby is born. Sounds real easy for me to say, but it seems pretty clear.Unstable / insecure relationships don't end up as happy families usually.

I wish you and your children the very best life has to offer. We have three, and my Michael, who is now 14, could have been nicknamed "oops". He's been my greatest source of sanity (and a dash of crazy) and sense of purpose in my life, and my daughters are an absolute blessing.

crp
01/02/2008, 11:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11503782#post11503782 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xxpipedreamxx
Excuse me, this is my marriage. I am not staying in that environment. I left it right after I discovered that I was pregnant. And not that it is anyones business but he had just gotten back from a deployment when I got pregnant.

As for the negativity, please keep it out of my thread and take it elsewhere.

This is a happy time and by God I want to keep it that way.

You made it our business when you posted on a PUBLIC internet forum.

I think you would benefit greatly from some therapy.

I wish you the best.

xxpipedreamxx
01/02/2008, 11:17 AM
This thread is not about my family. I do not feel the need to answer such harsh questions when in reality they are no ones business. I know what I need to do and I am doing it.

Now please stop asking me these things. I don't need the drama in my home life, and I sure as heck don't need it here.

dc
01/02/2008, 11:25 AM
Listen, you've posted all this stuff in the past and have made it everyone's business. I'm sorry you can't get 100% feel good comments, but this is reality, sometimes it's harsh.

crzy4reefs
01/02/2008, 11:27 AM
you certainly bring the drama here and almost all your past threads and post have been that way

dinoman
01/02/2008, 11:46 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11503894#post11503894 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
Listen, you've posted all this stuff in the past and have made it everyone's business. I'm sorry you can't get 100% feel good comments, but this is reality, sometimes it's harsh.

She speaks the truth ;). I won't say always, but a good portion of your threads seem to follow a certain path, intentional or not.

dc
01/02/2008, 11:49 AM
I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread, so I'm closing it.