PDA

View Full Version : lawyers & sharks in Bozeman, Oh My!

BigSkyBart
01/01/2008, 10:50 AM
hmmm, lawyer, shark tank...someone has a good sense of humor ;)

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2007/12/31/news/000aquarium.txt

Bozeman lawyer Christopher Gillette covered his eyes Monday as a crane hoisted a 1,000-gallon aquarium through the second-story window of his new downtown office.

I can't watch,” he said, as half a dozen workers guided the roughly 8-foot-long, 4-foot-tall and 4-foot-wide tank into the space, causing passersby to stop and stare. Two lanes of traffic below the window, at 11 E. Main St., were closed briefly for the event.

Gillette plans to fill the tank with saltwater creatures, including venomous lionfish and a blacktip reef shark, which can grow as large as 5 feet long. When filled with water, the $23,000 tank will weigh about eight tons.

continued in link above...

GSMguy
01/01/2008, 11:20 AM
i want a 1000g tank but sharks are lame.

Jeffrey Porter
01/01/2008, 01:08 PM
just reading the whole story annoys me.

they are going to get a 2' shark that is going to grow quickly to 4-5' and put it into an 8' tank. then when it gets too big, give it to a zoo. well zoo's don't have sharks and most facilities are not there for taking overgrown animals, especially sharks when they get too big for the owners.

someone stopping by every 1 or 2 weeks to feed, oh yeah thats a good schedule.

and then cramming all those other fish in.

the best thing if he wants sharks would be to have maybe 3 bamboo sharks and just a few other medium sized fish like the angels or lookdowns. i swear, everything is just expendable nowadays.

BigSkyBart
01/01/2008, 01:11 PM
maybe you should call a lawyer to mitigate (or litigate)

dc
01/01/2008, 01:49 PM
:lol: Well hopefully they will stock it with something else once they get going.

billsreef
01/01/2008, 03:06 PM
If they didn't consider the structural supports of that second story, it'll likely be on the first floor before they cram a shark in there...at least one can hope :D

pnosko
01/01/2008, 03:51 PM
It's hardly big enough for sharks, never mind lookdowns. :<