PDA

View Full Version : Leak!!!!

dileggi
12/30/2007, 09:28 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question. Somehow, I have sprung a leak. The top corner of my tank has decided to start leaking at 9pm on a Sunday night when no one is open.

My question, is there a quick fix to this besides aquarium apoxy, as I have none?

Secondly, the leak only stops when the water level drops when I disconnect my pump. If I plug the pump in, and leave the water level low, there's not enough water in the sump and it's almost running dry. If I leave my skimmer and only power head...Koralia1 run over night without the pump/filter, what are my chances of not losing anything in the tank?

Mache62
12/30/2007, 09:44 PM
you'll be fine overnigh to leave the water level below the leak and keep power heads running

dileggi
12/30/2007, 09:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11487310#post11487310 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mache62
you'll be fine overnigh to leave the water level below the leak and keep power heads running

Thanks for the response.

Will it be possible to fix the problem while leaving the tank stocked? I"ve never used the apoxy before, and I do not have a holding or QT tank to transfer to while I make the repairs.

frezel
12/30/2007, 09:52 PM
male sure your sg is correct, temp, leave powerheads under water and water level below leak,and ull be fine till mornign when you can go to LFS and drop 1500 on a new tank setup! NICE, i need to try this my tank leak excuse lol wonder if it will work on wife? Ohhhhhhhhhh HUNNY

coralnut99
12/31/2007, 10:07 PM
If you have access to or know someone into woodworking, a bar clamp of suitable length can hold it together just fine since the leak is in an upper corner. That will give you time to sort things out, and not have to worry about water levels, etc.