PDA

View Full Version : Leopard (OS X), Wake from Sleep and DNS

pnosko
12/29/2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone noticing problems with finding common websites (like Google sites) after waking up from sleep mode? I'm noticing it in both Firefox and Safari.

christinaekenn
12/29/2007, 02:42 PM
Yup- I noticed the same thing. My computer is also slower to respond to things and I have been having a key problem since installing Leopard.

pnosko
12/29/2007, 05:47 PM
As much as you may think otherwise, I hate to constantly rant about Apple and OS X, but this version seems more like a Beta and I never expected Apple would release something in this state. It's hardly just me; Google is finding tons of complaints, many posted in Mac forums where the loyalists hang out. But this one form PC World stands out.

Leopard is the New Vista, and It's ****ing Me Off (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2223921,00.asp)

Satori
12/29/2007, 07:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11479562#post11479562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pnosko
As much as you may think otherwise, I hate to constantly rant about Apple and OS X, but this version seems more like a Beta and I never expected Apple would release something in this state. It's hardly just me; Google is finding tons of complaints, many posted in Mac forums where the loyalists hang out. But this one form PC World stands out.

Leopard is the New Vista, and It's ****ing Me Off (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2223921,00.asp)

:lol: I actually laughed out lout at this:

"Third, Vista's backup works over a network. In its ads Apple blithely says that Time Machine can, too, but when you read the fine print—or try it in real life—you discover that Time Machine works with USB- or FireWire-connected drives only. Really? In 2007? When I saw that, I actually looked around to see if Ashton Kutcher was going to pop out from behind my lab bench and tell me I'd been punked."

pnosko
12/29/2007, 09:45 PM
Tell me about it. I've got terabytes of disk space on my network, but no apparent option to use it with Time Machine. This is a feature I'm aching to test. But I won't defend any version of Windows when it comes to backup. MS never had a built-in, easy-to-use, true full-backup as far as I'm concerned. Booting from another device and using a 3rd-party product like Ghost to create a cold backup is the only way to get a disaster-recovery backup created and restored.