PDA

View Full Version : How It's Made

pnosko
12/28/2007, 09:17 PM
This has quickly become one of my favorite shows.

Except that I just saw how they make hot dogs. I fear the saying may be true...

pnosko
12/28/2007, 09:20 PM
I had no idea how much work and energy went into making sand-paper.

iCam
12/28/2007, 09:30 PM
I'd be more interested in learning who makes the machines that make all the things they show and how.

Satori
12/28/2007, 09:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11474794#post11474794 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iCam
I'd be more interested in learning who makes the machines that make all the things they show and how.

They did an episode on a company that makes the machines.
Or maybe it was Made In America with John Ratzenberger?
Anyway, I saw it! :lol:

mrferrit
12/28/2007, 09:34 PM
my G/F told me she will never eat another hot dog after she saw the show on how they were made
they had "brain" the creator of the show on i think letterman the other night maybe it was oprah i forget but they were talking about microwaves
i too love that show its awesome

Sk8r
12/29/2007, 10:40 AM
I think the quote origin is Bismark, "Nobody should know what goes into their laws...or their sausages." But it could have been he got it from his cook. Or Sweeney Todd...

Myself, the one I find appalling is the bit on making hockey skates. When I consider it took me buying lunch, having said expert line up my new skate blades with the balance of the particular boots, [a process that took about half an hour] installing them, and then finally having to adjust screws, move the left one in at the toe just a hair to correct a minute shimmy---and I watch these machines grabbing boots and riveting blades on at the rate of one a second...
That's the scariest thing I've seen on that program.

Paddlefoot
12/29/2007, 11:26 AM
Our machines were featured making plastic cups. You had to look close to catch the name WELEX.

dinoman
12/29/2007, 12:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11474794#post11474794 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iCam

My dad says the exactly same thing! :D

I already knew how hot dogs were made - why I haven't eaten one in years!

Growurown
12/29/2007, 01:23 PM
Awesome show for sure

No need to fret, Hot dogs are safe guys. Relatively speaking

If the making of them shocks you - well lets hope they never focus on Peanut Butter, I understand it is next to impossible to remove ALL the "pieces of rats" that somehow work there way into the peanuts.

Kinda puts a new spin on crunchy peanut butter for sure

hubris007
12/29/2007, 01:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11474811#post11474811 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Satori
They did an episode on a company that makes the machines.
Or maybe it was Made In America with John Ratzenberger?
Anyway, I saw it! :lol:

That was how it's made. It was about making robots that make other stuff.

Sho' 'nuff, that show sucks you in. I hate it when they show those 3 hour marathons of how it's made. I can't get anything done because it's a show you actually have to watch to understand.

There's a Discovery spin-off out now called "some assembly required" that looks interesting. They did one on those inflatable jump houses that showed the design and building of the jump houses as well as the manufacturing process of the components used in the houses. Interresting concept, but not as good as the original.