PDA

View Full Version : Inappropriate News Story

Orchids
12/28/2007, 04:32 PM
Last night out local Fox news program (Philadelphia) ran what they calleda feel good story about a local family. They went so far as to call it a miralce. The story was about a family with an infant that needed a heart transplant and miraculously they recieved one. All the news team was gush about how happy the family was to have this happen. They interviewed people that said the family's prayers had been answered.

All I could think about was the other familiy that had donated the heart and how they felt.

Please do not get me wrong, I think it is great that this happed for the family, organ donation (especially in young children) is a great final gift. My issue is the manner in which the story was presented. It was like the heart just appeared and there was no flip side to the story.

Sorry, just venting.

Jeffrey Porter
12/28/2007, 05:13 PM
maybe with it being this time of your they didn't want to talk about the other depressing side of the story.

hey orchids, any plans on going to the WOC conferance next month in Miami? I'll be there.

firsthesitation
12/28/2007, 05:15 PM
Or perhaps the other family preferred to be left out of the news. Perhaps the "miracle heart" was another family's devastating tragity.

Orchids
12/28/2007, 06:23 PM
JP,

I will be traveling for work in January and won't be able to make it.
I'll be in Nice for a week working. Gotta love the south of France.

Jeffrey Porter
12/28/2007, 06:37 PM
lucky you.