PDA

View Full Version : I went from Delightful to...

crp
12/27/2007, 09:14 PM
The nosepicker's brother is doing a real estate sale. Contract says closing "on or about Dec. 28th". All my work is done, just waiting for the bank's attorney. Of course, it's also a holiday week this week and next. We are tentatively scheduled to close next Thursday. I just get copied on this email.

Dear Nosepicker:

I can't be there next Thursday and Wifey can't either. I presume we do not need to be at the closing. Is that true? I can't put into words how disappointed I am that we aren't going to close this month. It was the only thing I wanted. I am very very disappointed.

Joe Blow

Seems like he found the exact words. :D

pnosko
12/27/2007, 10:22 PM
The day we closed on this house (scheduled for 2pm), we drove by around 9am. The owners had not even begun to move out-- they were actually still in bed. They started packing in a panic, the wife claiming she didn't know they were supposed to be completely vacated by settlement time. We went to the closing and settled with them still with most stuff in the house, giving them until midnight to be out with the house empty. I was not delighted.

They were out, but needless to say they abandoned a lot of junk that we had to clear out.

crp
12/28/2007, 09:19 AM
Correction: The contract actually says on or about Dec. 30th.

In NY, an "on or about" closing is just an estimate. Closing can occur anywhere from a week or two before or after that date.

Pete, we represent the sellers. They have been out of the house for quite some time as they bought another house already. Since they are related to the nosepicker, I can only assume the *UA violation* is hereditary. :D

Get a grip people!