PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch "Smash Lab" on Discovery?

hubris007
12/27/2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone else think this is a lame attempt at ripping off Mythbusters popularity? I don't think it will even outlive the writers' strike.

I know i'm not the only one who finds it annoying when people don't understand the concept of the scientific method. Either they are doing some poor editing, or making really questionable assumptions... or bold face lying about the tests/results. My BS meter was going crazy during the entire episode.

Can you say product placement? I don't think they could have said "Rhine turck bed liner" more times if the episode had been twice as long.

I also find it funny that they have "an ideas guy", "A designer", "an engineer" and "a scientist." Um...a scientist? Like she mastered in science in collidge? (actually, it looks like she's got a pretty interesting resume. too bad she's saddled herself to this clay boa.)

Anyway. Maybe they were just working out some kinks for the pilot episode and the rest will be fantastic.

Doubt it. :)

jpfelix
12/27/2007, 08:33 PM
i decided last night (while watching mythbusters) not to watch the spin-off. it looked lame in the previews.

keep me updated on it.

shouldabenacowboy
12/28/2007, 08:49 AM
I watched it only because it was the only thing on. They did say rhino liner a lot....a lot...and that did get old, but it was still cool watching things blow up. :D

SBC

dinoman
12/28/2007, 09:28 AM
I didn't see it but I'm not the only one that thought it was a cheap attempt at another mythbusters? :eek: Just from the previews I saw during the mythbusters marathon day I don't think it'll survive ;).