PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista and IE version 7?

Hobster
12/27/2007, 02:53 PM
I bought my wife a laptop for Christmas. Of course it came with Vista and IE 7.

I tied IE 7 on my puter when it came out and hate it. I removed it and IE 6 came back.

How do I get IE 6 on her new laptop???

Thanks

rockindacheeks
12/27/2007, 03:00 PM
ditch IE and get firefox. trust me you'll like it better

matttaylor
12/27/2007, 03:02 PM
My understanding is you can't. It's the same with DX10. DX10 makes games and drivers run like crap, and there is no way to remove it.

Scuba_Dave
12/27/2007, 03:19 PM
IE6 was already installed on your PC, so you were able to remove IE7

IE6 has not been installed on the PC with Vista, & possibly can't be installed. I just checked a MS site, according to them IE6 will not work with Vista

Geez, you want backwards compatability AND a completely bloated OS? :lol:

More info:
"But still, the Redmond Company does provide users with the possibility of running Internet Explorer 6.0 in Windows Vista. As an integer part of an initiative addressed at web developers, Microsoft has made available in mid April two Virtual PC images containing free but time-bombed versions of Windows XP SP2 along with Internet Explorer 6.0 and Internet Explorer 7.0. The VPC images are designed to run in Microsoft's free Virtual PC 2007 under Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate. Both VPC images are available for download via this link. "

Hobster
12/27/2007, 03:52 PM
:lol:

Believe me I did not want Vista but for her to play with photos and send a few e mails I was not buying a expensive system. I spent a few hours deleting all the "free" junk, doing updates and giving her her own e mail.
No more forwards from her sisters of cutesy jokes and chain letters etc.:rolleyes:

Oh well, she can live with IE 7

Thanks

firsthesitation
12/27/2007, 04:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11465540#post11465540 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rockindacheeks
ditch IE and get firefox. trust me you'll like it better

Although I COMPLETELY agree with this, I love my firefox. I believe in most cases you can simply go to your add/remove programs and uninstall internet explorer 7 and it should roll you back to 6. Assuming they upgraded it to 7 when doing the updates.....