PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me with my internet?

JJ21
12/25/2007, 10:05 PM
Alright so here's the problem: My internet randomly stops working at the times we need it most or at the times we can use it. It is working fine one minute and then the next it goes off. I have no idea what is causing it but it has been happening for a few months and i am sick and tired of it. It gets in the way of my mom paying bills and other important things that have to do with work. We tried calling customer service but the guy was a total jerk and barraged us with the stupid customer questions (ie:is it plugged in?). They said that they would come to fix it but they wanted my mom to take a day off of work to come out and fix it.

Can anyone help a poor soul?:(

Agu
12/25/2007, 10:15 PM
What kind of service do you have ?

FloatingFish
12/25/2007, 10:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11456238#post11456238 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Agu
What kind of service do you have ?

Bad!

Nina51
12/25/2007, 10:26 PM
i feel your pain! it happens here on a routine basis and it's ALWAYS either after hours or on weekends when NOBODY is in the office and technical support consists of a dozen people without a single brain cell among them.

furforfour
12/25/2007, 10:26 PM
That has happened to me a couple of times in the past with my cable internet. One time there was an adaptor outside my house that coaxial cable connects to which had been damaged by water. Another time my modem had gone bad and the internet company replaced it.

JJ21
12/25/2007, 10:29 PM
it's verizon DSL

TheBimbo
12/26/2007, 12:46 AM
We were having some of the very same issues- Atlantic BroadBand came out and said that our wires needed replaced... Very old wiring and they've been replacing them as needed...

They gave hubby the wire- he ran all the wire and they come back 2 days later and connected everything and we've been doing good ever since ;)

Do you have a local cable provider close that could give Verizon a run for their money? call them on it and maybe that will get you the customer service you deserve!!!

Christy...