PDA

View Full Version : Ipod help- Please...

TheBimbo
12/25/2007, 09:54 PM
Well of course I need some help with the daughter's new Ipod... It's an 80gb... Hubby is refusing to give out the cc over the net to sign up for Itunes... I thought that we could use our music that we have in our Musicmatch Jukebox program? How in the world do we do this?

I know song files have to be converted over and such but how do we just get the music onto her Ipod?

Christy...

dwd5813
12/25/2007, 10:01 PM
once itunes is installed on your computer, click on file and you will find an option named add to library. click on this, and you will be allowed to search your computer for any music files which you can choose to import to your library.

pnosko
12/25/2007, 10:04 PM
I don't think you need to give out the cc to just use iTunes, but only if you want to buy songs, etc. Just import the songs into iTunes, then use iTunes to get them onto the iPod.

drauka99
12/25/2007, 10:06 PM
what dwd said :D i don't recomend letting itunes search all by itself cuz it tend to get any sound file on the comp and you end up with all the bonks and bells your comp has on it for windows.

Add folders from the file menu, be prepared for this to take a bit if you have lots of music D

good luck. pm me if you need anymore help

dwd5813
12/25/2007, 10:15 PM
pete makes a good point as well. no cc needed to use itunes, only to pay for new music.

TheBimbo
12/25/2007, 11:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11456157#post11456157 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dwd5813
once itunes is installed on your computer, click on file and you will find an option named add to library. click on this, and you will be allowed to search your computer for any music files which you can choose to import to your library.

;) thanks- ya know what the whole problem was? they had it plugged into the wrong thing, it was picking up the ipod to charge and such but not to upload anything to it :rolleyes: ...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11456175#post11456175 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pnosko
I don't think you need to give out the cc to just use iTunes, but only if you want to buy songs, etc. Just import the songs into iTunes, then use iTunes to get them onto the iPod.

;) you're correct- I just skipped over that part where as they were just stopping, and it just continued on from that part of the registration part of it... :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11456191#post11456191 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drauka99
what dwd said :D i don't recomend letting itunes search all by itself cuz it tend to get any sound file on the comp and you end up with all the bonks and bells your comp has on it for windows.

Add folders from the file menu, be prepared for this to take a bit if you have lots of music D

good luck. pm me if you need anymore help

Thanks, I just may take ya up on that... they're were some boxes checked for photos and then it started to snatch all of them!!! I was like wooooahhhh- stopped that real fast :lol: but I think I got it all figured out as of now...

Thanks bunches :)

Christy...

Treg
12/26/2007, 12:47 AM
itunes is a great program compared to a lot of others out there but windows media player 11 will let you rip and sync pretty easily also.

drauka99
12/26/2007, 08:27 AM
Christy - If you guys use Microsoft Outlook - I add my contacts to my ipod - dunno if the girl has her own e-mail but the reason I do this is my phone crashed once and I can't remember phone numbers since I always just program them into my phone and that way I have all my contacts phone numbers backed up on another source that I usually have with me.