PDA

View Full Version : Fishcam. Need networking guru...

Pmolan
12/23/2007, 11:48 PM
I am truely stumped.
I am trying to run windows media encoder. I have 2 pc's I am working with. Both running 2003 server. One I am running IIS and my homepage. When I first set this up I had encoder running on this as well.. Port 147 for the homepage, 148 for the encoder. All was working on the LAN and the internet. I then setup the second pc with 2003 server on it just to run encoder so I get a more stable video. Now port 147 goes to the first with IIS and 148 goes to the second video pc. I can access everything from the lan and works beautifully. However when I try this from the internet, the video side of this says the server cannot be found.
I've tried just about everything I could think of. I'm pretty sure its a routing issue but I cant seem to pinpoint it. If this was a windows firewall issue, I would think that it wouldnt even work through the lan.

keefsama2003
12/24/2007, 09:05 AM
Make sure the firewall on your router is forwarding to the proper ports
that could be where the problem is

setup maybe triggering to a specific port to a specific ip

Pmolan
12/24/2007, 11:29 AM
In your opinion, would you think that is where the issue lies? Given the info above? Weird though. When I forward all I do is change the last IP. I change it from 192.168.1.150 to 192.168.1.151. Maybe Ill delete everything, save it and start over.

keefsama2003
12/24/2007, 11:59 AM
I would figure if your using 2 services on 2 different computers then you would want forwarding for the specific service to the specific computer

Make sure forwarding is setup properly