PDA

View Full Version : Do you?

dinoman
12/23/2007, 08:08 PM
:D Buy presents for your pets?

I swear, anymore the boys get more presents than the rest of the family combined. It seems every year that goes by the parents spend less and less on presents for me and my brother and the collection of presents under the tree for the dogs keeps growing :lol:.

JokerGirl
12/23/2007, 08:09 PM
Both of my parrots are getting presents on Tuesday. We took a trip to the local bird shop here in Indy and spent an hour perusing their new babies.... and looking for toys for the tots. Much to my dismay, we didn't come home with a new baby, but Sam/Buddy still get a new toy :)

Sk8r
12/23/2007, 08:17 PM
We have given up buying stuffed catnip mice for the cats. What they REALLY lust after is fabric bows, which for some reason they view as a dental aid, especially the organza ones, which are stiff. They enjoy boxes. They enjoy piles of crumpled paper. They love bows, except having the tape stuck on their heads.

Christmas is a major cat holiday, and they are very happy to let us clear out the trinkets that come out of the boxes so they are empty for kitty use.

dinoman
12/23/2007, 08:20 PM
:D Monster is the same way! Except he doesn't even wait for you to clean out the box. Mom has already had to yell at him to stop chewing on the Christmas presents....*sigh* :rolleyes:.

crp
12/23/2007, 10:17 PM
Callie's first Christmas and she's already in trouble. :mad2: She chewed up a couple of ornaments already. She seems to have lost interest in them now but her tail is another story. We have no ornaments in the "wag zone" :rolleyes:

I didn't buy them gifts as they have stuff all the time. I will give them a bone from the prime rib though and a few scraps.

dinoman
12/24/2007, 06:19 AM
:D Our tree dramatically changed once we got Monster....and then the dogs. We used to have a big tree, rearrange all the furniture just so we could put it in the living room. Once we got the kids...our Christmas tree now is about 3ft tall, no ornaments, just lights and garland. We also blockade in the tree with presents to make for a "buffer zone".

Harley is kinda dangerous with his tail, and they're BOTH dangerous when THE blue guy comes out (a blue squeaky like bear looking thing, its both their absolute FAVORITE toy. In fact Harley is sleeping with it right now ;)). Monster...well, Monster is Monster and he doesn't need any more temptation to find a way to get into trouble :p.

crzy4reefs
12/24/2007, 06:23 AM
Has my gifts too the boys arrive yet? They said today was the day but wasn't sure if they came already

dkh0331
12/24/2007, 06:23 AM
We always get out cat some toys for christmas.

crzy4reefs
12/24/2007, 06:25 AM
Zack picked out toys for his 4 legged brothers and sisters, he even got his gecko some yummy wax worms.... :) .

dinoman
12/24/2007, 06:38 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11448177#post11448177 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crzy4reefs
Has my gifts too the boys arrive yet? They said today was the day but wasn't sure if they came already

Not yet, UPS doesn't get here until the evening, lately he's been showing up a little after 8. I imagine because this is their busy season - might have to leave a note on the door for him to leave it on our freezer since we could be gone. Depends how long we look at Christmas lights tonight :D.

crzy4reefs
12/24/2007, 06:41 AM
hopefully it gets there soon and lots of pictures of opening it and them playing with it :D