PDA

View Full Version : Dude, I'm getting a Dell...

redawg
12/23/2007, 02:44 PM
It all started two weeks ago when someone broke into our truck and rummaged through it. We didn't see anything missing, and considered ourselves lucky. Not even the change was gone! Today, I look for my digital camera and remember having it on a day trip to the mountains. So, I go to the glove box, and then it dawns on me...someone stole my camera!:mad:
So, I'm pouting and mad, and whining to my husband. Who is being very nice about the entire situation considering I left it in the truck, and LOVED my camera!
After the grocery store, he gets on the Dell website to order me a new camera (its a CANON Powershot, and perfect for me). Then, we start talking and I say lets order me a laptop for my birthday in January (ha ha). He said okay, and asked which color I wanted. I asked for green, but he got me blue since he's going to use it too. He picked all the options, (he plans on gaming with it) and ordered me a laptop.

I've been asking for one for over a year. But, it's hard to justify since we have two desktops. I'm so excited! (oh, and we opted out of buying a new camera, I'll go to Sam's and get one later)

So, while I hate thieves, I'm happy at how my day is going!

Sk8r
12/23/2007, 03:02 PM
Congrats! BTW, the service policy on these machines is a good option. Little goes wrong with them, but there can be issues, and having a repair-geek show up at my door the next day after I'd reported a problem with the part I needed [sticking key on the mousepad] and have it fixed inside 30 minutes...that was sweet. I'd used it most of a year, I got a sparkling new face and mouse---I was happy.

I also DIY'ed a repair in an old outmoded laptop doing exactly the same job via internet instructions for removal of the whole laptop keyboard and replacement...piece of cake, works flawlessly again, and it's a decade old. [I type 100 wpm up to 18 hrs a day, so I'm forever demolishing keyboards: it's not a weakness in the machine: it's that nobody's ever built a keyboard I can't demolish.]

Congrats. I hope you like it.

Altpers0na
12/23/2007, 05:12 PM
tell me about it, we just spilled beer on ours... or rather my basset hound did...

redawg
12/23/2007, 05:15 PM
That's why we shouldn't let our dogs drink beer!

Sk8r
12/23/2007, 05:57 PM
Or use the computer.
Cats, now...

kfisc
12/23/2007, 06:16 PM
Pretty happy with Dell; I've got a Inspiron 8600 we got in '03- it went kaputt this summer and the tech. support and out-of-warranty repair dept. worked out pretty well. Was pretty frustrated at the time but it wound up paying off vs. getting a new one; works lovely now.

mr9iron
12/24/2007, 12:59 AM
We just got a Inspiron 1521 a few days ago and love it. It replaces the Inspiron 600m that we have. That one now belongs to the boys.