PDA

View Full Version : How do you get along with your Ex?

clavery
12/23/2007, 10:10 AM
My post on gifts for the ex's got me thinking. How do you get along with your ex? I think it's harder when you have kids together 'cuz you never really divorce them - just move into separate houses! And the Holidays can really bring out the worst in a divorce.

We all know Nina and her ex are good friends who socialize together. I get along OK with both ex's (his and mine - we all live in the same town, which is great for the kids) but we don't hang out unless it's a kid's event. Keep in mind it's been over 15 years for all of us, so a lot of time has passed to heal those open wounds.

What about you guys?

Misled
12/23/2007, 10:47 AM
I don't, of corse it's tough communicating with a corpse in the back yard!!!!!(j/k)

Haven't spoke to her in 15 years. I do speak to her brother once and awhile. My divorce was like "The War of The Roses".

:mixed:

dkh0331
12/23/2007, 10:51 AM
I could write a book - but will sum it up and say I haven't spoken to the psycho female dog from hell in several years, which is just fine with me.

wizardgus®
12/23/2007, 10:54 AM
It's been tough for me to visit my ex. I'm stuck here in reality and her world is somewhere over the rainbow. And I really hate her little flying monkeys!

Satori
12/23/2007, 10:55 AM
If I want to see how my ex is doing, I just read the police blotter.

Nina51
12/23/2007, 10:57 AM
cheryl answered for me. :D i will say it wasn't always peaches and cream. the first couple of years after our divorce, we didn't speak. when sherry came into ron's life, all of that changed. she's outgoing, bubbly, sweet as can be and was the main reason we became friends. she's a little on the ornery side, too, and thought it would be fun for the 4 of us to go out together just to see peoples' reactions. if you live in a small town, you'll know what i mean. ;)

ron was so helpful during gary's illness. he made several trips to take gary for chemo and radiation, just to give us a little break. he often came out to the house during the day to visit gary when i was at work. he has been more than generous with financial gifts to us over the years and sometimes, for no particular reason, he would send a "thinking of you" card with a check. they both took gary's death really hard, bless their hearts.

Ritten
12/23/2007, 11:14 AM
I always get a chuckle when guys describe their ex - its always the devil from hell - but you picked her, you married her, :lol: :lol:

Misled
12/23/2007, 11:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11443694#post11443694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ritten
I always get a chuckle when guys describe their ex - its always the devil from hell - but you picked her, you married her, :lol: :lol:

Yea, but the horns didn't show up till after the honeymoon!!!!!

wizardgus®
12/23/2007, 12:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11443694#post11443694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ritten
Drugs are bad, mmm'Kay? When you do drugs bad things can happen, so don't do drugs...Mmmm'Kay?

2fishy
12/23/2007, 12:55 PM
There are absolutely no words that would be UA tolerant to describe how I feel about my husband's ex-wife! It has been over 15 years and she has still not gotten past the opportunity to inflict pain upon him. She really needs to get a life. And I can count 2 times in the past month that she has tried to get them to "work together" by meeting with each other. I think my husband would rather have another vesectomy (sp?) without pain meds than meet with her! I feel very sorry for her current husband! She seems to be one of those people who never truly get over their ex!:mad2:

hubris007
12/23/2007, 01:08 PM
I've always found FedEx to be reliable. Occasionally it will take an extra day to get a package, but they have never let me down.

pnosko
12/23/2007, 02:12 PM
I haven't heard from her in 10 years and hope the trend continues.

redawg
12/23/2007, 02:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11444536#post11444536 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pnosko
I haven't heard from her in 10 years and hope the trend continues.
Same for me about my ex husband.
And no, I'm not Pnosko's ex~ and if I am I don't want to know about it:D

amcarrig
12/23/2007, 05:56 PM
I got married for the first time at 37 years old so I don't have an ex. I'm glad I waited so long after hearing some of the stories here!!!

Scuba_Dave
12/23/2007, 10:39 PM
I've only spoken to her once in the past 20+ years - maybe 10 years ago
At the time I told her not to ever call me again

BrianD
12/23/2007, 10:42 PM
I think it is fascinating that the person most hated in someone's life is the same person who at one time was the most loved.

Scuba_Dave
12/23/2007, 11:05 PM
I don't hate her, she decided to not be part of my life
I've just granted her wish completely

Misled
12/23/2007, 11:09 PM
I hate mine!!!!!!!!

pnosko
12/23/2007, 11:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11446986#post11446986 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Scuba_Dave
I've only spoken to her once in the past 20+ years - maybe 10 years ago
At the time I told her not to ever call me again Ditto. After not speaking for about 10 years, she called me 3 days before I was getting married to ask me if I had remarried. Talk about intuition!<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11447004#post11447004 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
I think it is fascinating that the person most hated in someone's life is the same person who at one time was the most loved. Love and hate are not opposites. But I now feel the opposite; indifference, and just prefer to not make contact again.

Brian Koyama
12/24/2007, 03:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11447123#post11447123 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Scuba_Dave
I don't hate her, she decided to not be part of my life
I've just granted her wish completely

That's what I got for Christmas this year...a divorce request from my wife of 13 yrs. She doesn't want any counseling so I'll let her go if that's what she wants. Turns out that she's having some issues. You can call me Kostanza (for those of you who watched Seinfeld...) if you catch my drift of her "issues".

The Grim Reefer
12/24/2007, 03:47 AM
Haven't talked to mine in like 10 years and that was by accident, havent seen her in like 15.

She isn't worth hating:D

Actually I was just relieved it was over. We just met at a bad time, I was maturing thinking about building a future and she was regressing into her second teenage period and just living for the next concert or party. After the fact I realized many of our issues were cause by drug use I wasn't aware of at the time. She tried to beat me up twice, She was 5'5", I am 6'5":D Still a real mind blower when this person who is supposed to love you comes at you kicking and swinging. Last I heard from her she had her crap pulled together or at least was headed that way. I really hope she does well in life. We were friends before it moved to a more serious place. I should have been able to see she had a completly different set of priorities than I did, DUMMY!!!

But hey, it trained me so I could find a new wife, a better wife, one who makes good money and hates to shop, I am blessed :D:D:D I was already pretty sure about this one, then I had my little "issue" back in 2000. After 5 months in the hospital, 7 months in a chair and the last 7 years staggering around on crutches there's no doubt. I got it right this time.

js1218
12/24/2007, 06:13 AM
bad as wife but made her my ex and got my best friend back

dkh0331
12/24/2007, 06:54 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11447997#post11447997 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brian Koyama
You can call me Kostanza (for those of you who watched Seinfeld...) if you catch my drift of her "issues".

You got Shrinkage?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/20173shrinkage.jpg

:lmao:

PoukieBear
12/24/2007, 09:22 AM
My ex boyfriend andI get along great if we run into each other. We live in the same small town, and he is often up to my nieghbors house, who is his cousin.

He'll plow out the driveway if it needs it, or he'll follow me into town to make sure I get there alright if there's a lot of snow. Other than that, we don't make plans to hang out.

BigSkyBart
12/24/2007, 09:28 AM
with the assist:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/BigSkyCichlids/happyhappydance.gif

crp
12/24/2007, 09:37 AM
:wave:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

chainsaw5vent
12/25/2007, 09:49 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11445579#post11445579 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by amcarrig
I got married for the first time at 37 years old so I don't have an ex. I'm glad I waited so long after hearing some of the stories here!!!

I waited until i was 35!! i got the costco package. wife, 4 kids (1 girl 3 boys added 2 more boys and one now in the oven). i wish her previous ex would just disappear, go away, be responsible, not park in my driveway when he comes to get my kids, etc.

he takes them and gets to show them off like trophies to his friends. never does any of the hard work like dealing w/teenage boy testosterone challenges or staying up late, working overtime to make sure there's still a roof over everyone's head and toothpaste and toothbrushes in the cabinet.

but....on the other side, my wife works her hiney off trying to raise the kids and keep them on the straight and narrow. none of our kids have truly caused us problems that can't be squished by the parents, nor caused us to kick them out. they begin to fly right before they really begin to create face time with the popo (law enforcement authorities).
on the silly side. the 7 y.o. asks about fire extinguishers and is told DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT MESS WITH THE EXTINGUISHER!!!! IT WILL MAKE BIIIG MESS!! as i am running around last night doing some last second xmas shopping, i get a phone call and am told that he has discharged the extinguisher in his bedroom!!:eek1: :furious: :mixed: talk about wanting to put lumps of coal in the stocking. sooooo right now his room is stripped down and all bedding and clothing will be going to the washer. no...if you're thinking....he did receive christmas eve mercy since the practice of child sacrifice has been prohibited by God many years ago.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND ENJOY THE CELEBRATION OF JESUS' BIRTH!!:wavehand: :wave: :dance: