PDA

View Full Version : Frag Plug Buy

ridinshotgun
12/21/2007, 02:27 PM
I am geting ready to order some frag plugs from this place:

http://www.oceanswondersonline.com/page/page/4221106.htm

The charge a flat rate for shipping no matter how much you order. If anyone wants to order something from thier site send me a PM.

I need to know after christmas since I'll be sending my order off next wednesday.

cmoresps
12/22/2007, 03:27 AM
Make sure those are ceramic and not aragonite and/or a cement mixture, (something about boston bears in mind here), if the later they can, in number, kill your ph

Neptune777
12/22/2007, 06:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11437519#post11437519 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cmoresps
Make sure those are ceramic and not aragonite and/or a cement mixture, (something about boston bears in mind here), if the later they can, in number, kill your ph

Actually, as long as the cement plugs are cured and not freshly made there is no chance they will raise your pH. Soaking them in a bucket of water will speed up the process if they are freshly made.

ridinshotgun
12/22/2007, 07:57 AM
Thay are argonite.

And hey I ain't a frag factory say like anthony :D I am lucky to have three of four things to mount!

Question thoug about the aragonite plugs... if you have aragonite sand in your tank how are having plugs made out of the same stuff going to affect your pH?

Neptune777
12/22/2007, 08:02 AM
It isn't the aragonite that he was concerned about it's the cement. But as I mentioned it doesn't matter either way.

cybrsufr
12/22/2007, 03:45 PM
I have been using these exact plugs for about 6 months and have never had any problems at all. They are great for the price and come pre-cured and wet so all you have to do is rinse off the loose aragonite that has settled on them and frag away. I currently have approx 50 of these plugs in my frag tank with everything from Zoa's to Acro's on them. Once small problem, I contracted a infestation of flatworms from some frags/frags obtained at the last frag swap so can't sell or trade until I flatworm exit the tank.

<b><font size="3"><font color="sienna">WreckDiver</font> </b>
<i><font size="1"><font color="teal">aka: CyBrSuFr</font> </font> </i> <br>
<i><font size="1"><font color="red">Click the little red house for the latest tank picts</font> </font> </i> <br>
<br>

ridinshotgun
12/27/2007, 07:05 PM
For those that ordered plugs they are in the mail today.