PDA

View Full Version : How do you release the foot of a Haddoni?

TracyZeuner
12/16/2007, 02:38 PM
I have never tried to move this carpet but he is going to a new home soon and I dont know how to get him out of the tank.

traveller7
12/16/2007, 03:38 PM
Most will get under the sand and rock to become attached to the bottom of the tank. If so, work from the edge toward the center. Once you can get a portion of it to release, you can carefully work it off.

If it is attached to rock, I tend to move the rock to a location on top of sand day or so in advance, and take it out when it moves to get back to the bottom, etc.

Toddrtrex
12/16/2007, 04:04 PM
And if it is attached to both the rock and the glass bottom, be very very very careful. I attempted to move my blue haddoni that was attached that way. I ended up putting a hole in the oral disc. I had thought for sure that it was dead the way it looked. There was even a piece of it still attached to the glass bottom -- with tentacles.

On a whim I decided to leave it in the tank -- even though it looked god awful and thought for sure it was going to die. That was a about a month ago, and it looks back to normal now, albeit smaller.

I've seen pictures of yours, and it looks great, so take your time, and don't push it too much. I have found that they are one of the harder anemones to remove, seem to have an incredible grip.

kar93
12/16/2007, 04:32 PM
You could try "tickling" the foot just rubbing it up and down gently a couple of teams ive heard this works but never tried. the other thing if you can get to the bottom of the foot you could get a credit card underneath it and work your way around the foot

TracyZeuner
12/16/2007, 05:25 PM
Thank. I think it is on the bottom attached to the glass. I am selling it and someone is coming to look at it today. Just want to be ready if is leaving today

flasher1
12/17/2007, 12:03 AM
If you have a sandbed the dig around his foot and work slowly trying to peel it up. If it is not giving, rub ice on the food and then peel, works everytime.

ssagent
12/21/2007, 03:30 PM
You can try take the powerhead and blow on its foot.