PDA

View Full Version : need help with hypo!

deahtop
12/12/2007, 02:02 PM
I currently have a 210 reef tank that has ich. 2 months ago I lost a naso and drew the line. I want to take out the fish I have left and put them into a 90 gallon tank I was setting up as FO.

the 90 gallon is already cycled. I dropped the salinity to 1.09 over the last week(i already have a purple tang in there that's recovering from ich). my livestock from the 210 is:

1 sailfin tang
1 kole tang
1 coral beauty
1 neon goby
1 dottyback (forgot its name)
2 eels

the ones I'm worried about most are the eels and the sailfin, I'm probably going to take the other fish back for store credit. how do I safely aclimate them over to the 90 that's already hypod, and can the eels safely handle the hypo?

eskymick
12/12/2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure about the eel, but perhaps you could find an inexpesive 10 gallon tank to acclimate the sailfin to hypo .... then place it in the 90 with the others. It should take no longer than 3 days to do so .. some say it can be done over the course of 24 hours.

Of course, you'll have to restart the six weeks "clock" over again once you place the sailfin in with the others.

Racing1
12/12/2007, 05:03 PM
It doesn't take long for fish to adapt to hypo... It take longer to bring the salinity back up....

I have a Kole Tang, Foxface and a pair of clowns in hypo right now.

I took them directly from the main display and put them in hypo with no problems. The ich started to fall off of them right off and they started to breath easier...

Good luck

deahtop
12/12/2007, 05:06 PM
anyone care to chime in about the eels? I'm probably going to setup a 10g bin and drop it to hypo over the course of 2 days

deahtop
12/12/2007, 07:32 PM
bump

deahtop
12/13/2007, 01:20 AM

Kannin
12/13/2007, 02:45 AM
take some water from the hypo tank and bring the salinity up. acclimate the fish to it and then start to bring the salinity back down. then put the fish in the hypo tank.