PDA

View Full Version : Help with my bubble coral

douglam
12/10/2007, 11:13 PM
i think my bubble coral is in an area of a little bit too much flow but it is in the lowest flow area of my tank that i know of. will it adapt to the flow. it is not overly too much just a little.

yellowwatchmen
12/11/2007, 12:09 AM
Is it not opening up? Is it just getting pushed around? Have you tried redirecting flow?

Vitaly
12/11/2007, 02:11 AM
It may take the coral a couple of days to adjust to the new conditions (light intensity, flow/current). If you are not seeing full-complete polyp extension after a few more days then you may want to consider relocating the coral to a more hospitable location.

douglam
12/11/2007, 07:53 AM
ok thanks.. it was happy in my tank but i just increased the flow throughout the whole tank and upgraded my lighting so im hoping all it takes is some adjustment on the corals part.

bassist6108
12/12/2007, 01:03 PM
bubbles don't like high lighting, so try placing it in a darker area of hte tank as it acclimates. They are fairly easy corals, but are particular with regard to changes - any abrupt changes can cause then to retract for days or even a week. hth.

jcpatella
12/12/2007, 01:31 PM
I had to reposition mine about three times before I found an area with lower flow. Even under "moderate" flow, it never fully opened up. Now that it is in an area of low flow, it opens up fully and seems much happier.