PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Help!!

carnophage
12/10/2007, 06:47 PM
Can mushrooms get too much light? I have a 125g reef tank with 520W PC. i have a blue/green mushroom placed really close to the top of the rocks. it is looking pretty sad, kinda just drooped over. i also have a bunch of other mushrooms and corals in the tank, so i am pretty sure that it is not bad water. Thanks for the help!!

reeferman06
12/10/2007, 07:50 PM
you need to put them as close to the bottom as possible, you definatly have them to high, shrooms dont need alot of light, i have about 570 watts of light(vho,MH) on my 55 and my shrooms and everything else grows like crazy.

Anther ?, are you lights hanging or in a canapy?, either way, move the shrooms down. Good luck

plummike
12/10/2007, 08:11 PM
My 125 has about 1100 watt, 750 of which is MH. It is full of several types of Mush, Rics, star polyps, bubble, and zoos. Mine seem to enjoy the extra light although they use to grow under CF's. My Xenia and Zoos actually go up the glass closer to the lights.
What else is in the tank? any other bad signs?
By the way Thanks for the Service.

carnophage
12/12/2007, 08:12 PM
i moved the shroom to the bottom of the tank, and it is still acting funny. other shroom in the tank are looking great, just this one is all shrizzled up!!!! i have no ideas!!

usmc121581
12/12/2007, 08:15 PM
Just let it be. Wait a couple days it should open. I have shrooms that are in places that get barely any light and they are growing like crazy.

ryan_paskadi
12/12/2007, 08:26 PM
I have burnt out shrooms by having them too high in the tank. After moving them out of the light they sluffed off and died, but several weeks later I noticed new mushrooms that formed from the residual shroom goo left on the rock. give it time.