PDA

View Full Version : System Shutdown

charlie h
12/10/2007, 05:08 PM
I've been turning the return pump off from the sump to the main tank for about two months now. Therefore the skimmer and canister filter (holding phosraw and carbon) are not in use. This is becuase of the vast amount of noise it makes keeping my pregnant partner awake.
What i'm wanting to no is will this have any bad affects on my tank. I'm thinking it can't be doing it any good cause i still can't get rid of the cyano.
It's turned of for about 8 hours a day.....

thanks charlie

hyperfocal
12/10/2007, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, better the tank suffers than the pregnant partner ;-)

Why is the sump so noisy? Where's it coming from?

charlie h
12/10/2007, 05:26 PM
It's a mixter of a few things. the gurgling from the weir which i hope to stop using tee peice and 90 degree elbow (can't remeber the correct name for this set up). The water ruching into the sump, and the two pumps i have in the sump both seem to be so noisy. Trouble is every thing is so crammed in it all toches each other and vibrates against each other.......

On another completly different subject what would you say to a 100% water change within a week consisting of 4 x 25% ones. I'm hoping to rid the cyano for good.