PDA

View Full Version : Second pair of clownfish in 120 gallon reef tank with fish and anemones.

Finsky
12/09/2007, 05:37 PM
I have a five foot by 18 inches by 26 inches deep reef tank with fish. I have 140 pounds of live rock with front substrate with seven LPS spread out over the five feet. Three plate corals, flowerpot coral, frog span, green pearl bubble coral, and a closed brown coral. Up in the rocks which build to up to 10 inches from the surface are Xenias, Polythoas, left end 10 inche Sabae Anemone and right end a Bubble Tip Anemone and Long Tentacles Anemone.

The fish include seven tangs, a foxface lo, one black occelaris clownfish, one clarkii clownfish, a pair of tomato clown fish, and three blue damsels, one Flame Hawkfish.

Recently, I purchased a pair of Sabae Clownfish. The largefemail tomato clownfish has chase both Sabaes since their arrival yesterday. I am hoping the Sabaes which are quite good size will take over one end of anemones although they have only managed to hide in the liver rock with the Clarkii so far. The black occelaris manages to free swim and occasionally host on the flowerpot coral and used to host in the sabae anemone when I first put the Long Tentacles and Bubble Tipped in the right side.

What is the thought on this second pair of clownfish getting along with the tomatos?

Pmolan
12/09/2007, 05:48 PM
one black occelaris clownfish, one clarkii clownfish, a pair of tomato clown fish, and three blue damsels,
I purchased a pair of Sabae Clownfish

wo.

joeychitwood
12/09/2007, 06:03 PM
As far as another pair of clowns doing OK in a five foot long 120, I think they would do OK, but with seven tangs, a Foxface and numerous smaller fish, you've got a pretty good sized bioload already.

Ctimpson
12/10/2007, 03:32 PM
7 tangs.... Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!

AquaReeferMan
12/10/2007, 03:47 PM
Wow your tank is a ticking time bomb. You should only have one species of clowns per tank. Dont even get me started on the tangs. You really have 7 in there? What kind and what are their sizes? You should only really have 2 in there if that.

davocean
12/10/2007, 04:08 PM
Ditto Aquareeferman, waaaayy too many tangs and clowns.
One pair of clowns per tank unless you like war.
Lose the damsels, and trade in some tangs for coral or something.

joeychitwood
12/10/2007, 04:40 PM
I have a pair of black and white clowns and another Skunk clown, and they are doing well and completely ignore each other. They have taken up residence in opposite corners of the tank. It can be done if you get the right specimens.

lowendmelody
12/10/2007, 06:03 PM
agreed, with all of those tangs in there, your already doing more harm than good...... you really should lose at least three or 4 of those tangs.

please post your tang list, maybe we can help....

Anemonebuff
12/10/2007, 06:04 PM
In a large enough tank it can ge done, but your tank seemed overstocked before their addition.