PDA

View Full Version : Need help wiring a T5 ballast - PLEASE.

Fliger
12/09/2007, 01:45 AM
I have a Universal Accustart 4x54W electronic ballast and I'm about to wire it up. I have wired many T5 ballasts before but this one has a note that says

- Ballast must be grounded
- Ground to case

I'm not 100% sure what that means. I've done a couple other T5 setups including a 660 and Workhorse ballasts - but they never say "Ground to case". I just take hook the black/white/green to the plug and it fires fine.

Does this mean I need to take the green from the cord, and the gray from the ballast - connect them, and then connect them to the actual ballast casing? Why is this different from other T5 ballasts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Grim Reefer
12/09/2007, 02:36 AM
You should hook the black wire from the power cord to the black wire on ballast or socket labeled L on the ballast, The white wire from the power cord to the white ballast wire or socket label N. The green Wire from the cord just needs to be screwed to the metal case of the ballast. If you are mounting a the ballast just attach the green wire to the mounting screw.

Fliger
12/09/2007, 02:38 AM
Thanks! Just to clarify - do I connect the green wire from the cord to the gray wire of the ballast - then screw both of those down?

The Grim Reefer
12/09/2007, 02:42 AM
That grey wire is the switch to go from 2 to 4 lamps correct? If memory serves yes, gound it. (of course if only 2 lamps come on unground it :D