PDA

View Full Version : OT: Snowboarding Gear

bladeruner143
12/07/2007, 02:13 PM
Where are some good stores in Sac to go for some snowboarding gear? I need a new jacket and pants for this season and a buddy of mine needs everything! Thanks

CaliforniaDreamer
12/07/2007, 03:43 PM
I would try Clark's for clothing. They have good prices however they don't have top-of-the-line goods. Mostly brands like Columbia. They are in Rancho Cordova off Sunrise past White Rock almost as far as Douglas.

-- Edit --

Of course there is always Sierra Outfitters, Big 5, and Copland's.

airinhere
12/07/2007, 05:23 PM
Sports Chalet sells lots of snowboard gear.

bored4long
12/07/2007, 05:59 PM
Clarks would also be my first stop, too. They generally carry last season's gear, so pricing is awesome. I have not been in for many years, but in the past, they carried good brands. I've only been to the one in Roseville.

If quality gear was my top priority, I'd go to REI or that snowboard shop in Placerville (Mountain something?).

Also look for a ski/snowboard swap meet. Great deals can be had, and when I was snowboarding there were usually 3 a year in the area (one at Sac State, one in Auburn and one at the Sacramento Convention Center).

HTH

Balgie
12/07/2007, 09:36 PM
Sierra snowboard is the best place. They still have last years gear. Good deals on that stuff. Just got some pants 60% off. Check the website for deals then go pick up and try on.