PDA

View Full Version : MH setup ?

irky
12/07/2007, 10:19 AM
A friend of mine gave me a 250 MH and I would like some opinions on how to set it up. I turned it on and it runs fine and has the glass protector. I really do not want to drill holes in my ceiling or wall as I will be moving in a year. Has anyone ever used a clamp or something of that nature to secure their lamp? I also have a PC setup that I would like to run with the MH. I know the canopy is an option and one day I do plan on building one but right now it is not feasible. I would love to hear any advice on how to deal with this problem....

bignick
12/07/2007, 10:55 AM
Its kind of hard to do with out drilling into a wall or ceiling if your not using a canopy. Do you have a picture of your tank so we can see what your set up is like and further determine how to help you set up your new light.

Patching a hole in the wall/ ceiling is easy to do and doesn't take a lot of skill. Painting is a different story.

irky
12/07/2007, 11:13 AM
If you click my gallery you can see my tank I am sure how to insert image on this reply box. I was thinking some sort of clamp on the side of the tank, attach a arm with some chain and hang it that way...
Yeah my girlfriend and I own our house and she has is great but she is putting the foot down about putting holes in the wall. I will oblige as she is great... But I need to get this light up it is sweet!

bignick
12/07/2007, 11:30 AM
Well i don't see any pics of the tank itself just of coral. What kind of tank do you have? What are the dimensions? You could jast lay some 2x4s' over it and set the light on those. Be sure to secure the 2x4s together and keep the light secured to the 2x4s.

Thats one cheap and easy way of doing it. Its not very pretty but you are limited on options. The only other thing that i can think of at the moment is to build an actual stand to suspend the light from but that will reuire some building skills and a bit more money.

Nick

irky
12/07/2007, 01:13 PM
thanks for now I think I might just lay a couple pieces down it would make it easy for sure.

Thx