PDA

View Full Version : under the tank SPACE

petewa
11/07/2002, 03:39 PM
i ahev a 150 gal tank 72" long and 18" wide 29" tall i plan on building a stand that the top will be made out of 2x6 the 6 legs will be make out of 4x4 and the base 2x4 ... with 3/4" ply. My question is how tall do you recomend my building it... i plan on having my sum, refugium, and skimmer in it... i was shooting for inside height of 27"-31" which for an over al height would be around 37"-41" (follow that? hope so!) my skimmer will be around 27"tall. right now i have a 20ish gal refugium and a 10 gal glass sump... my goal was to have somewher earound 75-125 gallons addition to the system (sump and refugium) is it possibe what are you views? the stand will have a fully removable front so i will have full access to the entire underneath of the stand...

THANK YOU!
Pete
:uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

dnjan
11/07/2002, 06:26 PM
Do you need to lift the collection cup up off of your skimmer to empty/clean it? If so, be sure you have enough height to do that.

Also, I installed some T-nuts into the plywood top of my stand. Installed from the top, and countersunk so that they didn't make a bump. I use these to hang things (like the shelf my wavemaster and some outlet switches sit on, my topoff water tank, etc.) Still leaves spece underneath for other things.

petewa
11/08/2002, 07:14 AM
thanks don...

as far as the skimmer... yea i will have to take that off to clean it every month or so... but i will have a WC so that will cut down on how often i will have to take it down to clean it/empty it...

i am figuring wiht the 2x6's for the top bracing i could hold a good amount of things in that area!!! like you said.....

Pete