PDA

View Full Version : planing for power outages,,,

Charlie Davidson
11/26/2007, 10:24 PM
I am looking at heat loads and planning for my pumps and lighting ( tank)... refrigerator (beer)
That being overed, ( all the best stuff) next thing was TV--- (power, no problem... I can wire that too...
-- :eek2: D@MMM------- if cable goes out!
( might as well just give up :) )

Charlie Davidson
11/26/2007, 10:33 PM
BTW, as if I am not looking out for my lady... MY "boss" has one "h@LL of a wine cooler" !
Some times, its funny watching my freinds, switch over to wine.. thinkig they can.... :eek2:

Hopeful Reefer
11/27/2007, 07:32 AM
If you are looking at doing just the tank, I think it was Rick that posted a solution some time ago that involved 1 or 2 marine batteries, a 12-volt AC trickle charger, and maybe a relay or something else...can't remember now...basically would power the important stuff for a few hours or a day until power came back...

If you are looking for the important appliances as well, do yourself a favor and go with the whole house generator on a transfer switch...goes on automatically when the power goes off...and then shuts off when the power comes back on...

Charlie Davidson
11/27/2007, 10:44 AM
I do have a power inverter and High dollor battery.. I used during last major storm..

twon8
11/27/2007, 11:41 AM
i have some backup ups' for computers that i have some flow hooked up to, it gets me a few hours of flow till i can hook up to a generator

Hopeful Reefer
11/27/2007, 01:49 PM
I thought the power supply that was talked about previously lasted darn near a day...can't remember for certain...I'll try to find a post and link it here...