PDA

View Full Version : upgrade

Moonstream
11/26/2007, 12:00 AM
in the spring I am planning to upgrade from my 20g long to a 75g display, a rubbermaid sump/fuge (looking for largest one I can find), and maybe a 10-20g frag tank.

for lighting I will be doing a 4 VHO bulb retrofit kit from hellolights.com, here it is
http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=364

I am planning on having a coralife super skimmer for up to 65g until august (B day) when I will upgrade to a much better skimmer (suggestions welcome).

for coral stocking I am planning on a hard coral dominated tank, w/ some zoas and a few softys. their will be more LPS then SPS probably, as I like the look of LPS better. invert stocking Im not sure about, will depend on what fish I get (though it will have at least scarlet hermits and snails).

for fish I was thinking 1-3 larger ones (above 8"), 2-3 smaller ones (4-6") and several smaller ones. I have always had a liking towards purple tangs, blue hippo tangs, and convict tangs, and was wondering if I could keep one, along w/ 1 other larger sized fish (the tang would be the centerpiece fish). large fishes I am considering are japanese swallowtail angels, lamarcks angel, and copperband butterfly fishes.

I was thinking it would be nice to have
1 tang or copperband butterfly
1 swallowtail or lamarcks angel
1 ocellaris clown (already have a female)
1 YWG (and maybe pistol shrimp)
1 longnose hawk or bicolor blenny (or could I keep both)
1 yellow coris wrasse
1 smaller fish that will hang out in the rocks (not perch, any suggestions?)

I know the stock load is heavy but I figure w/ a good skimmer it will be fine. I was wondering if the wrasse, YWG, and the bicolor blenny (if I get it) would be able to join the clown I have in my 20g long w/ 29g fuge until I can move them into the 75 (probably in early summer)? I am also planning to grab another 20-40 lbs of base rock at the LFS nest time Im there and put it into my system now to start getting coraline coverage and to start turning them into live rock. will also be starting to egt LPS< zoas, and softys.