PDA

View Full Version : Purolite nuclear grade DI resin

badpacket
11/22/2007, 11:54 PM
Getting some DI resin and will have a couple of gallons left over.

"1-GALLON (5 POUNDS) PUROLITE NW37 DI RESIN WILL FILL 4 CARTRIDGES"

$25/g, please PM me.

troutonmyline
11/23/2007, 12:32 PM
Where are you located? I was looking for some resin.

africangrey
11/23/2007, 03:02 PM
pm'd

badpacket
11/28/2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry for the delay. I am rethinking going with a KATI/ANI DI system which will be regenerative. If I don't do that, I will be ordering some extra DI and PM you pack.

Thanks,
Fred

sfsuphysics
11/28/2007, 06:14 PM
Before you make you choice Fred make sure you can get the appropriate chemicals to "recharge" it, the muratic acid (?) that you use for one side is easy, it's a pool supply thing, however Red Devil Lye is no longer made IIRC, or it's a bit harder to find. I'm unsure what a safe alternative would be.

badpacket
12/07/2007, 02:18 AM
Thanks Mike, just read about that, I guess I'll just replace the RO membrane and redo my RO/DI.
I'm now looking to get some sheet metal bent to retrofit 6 housings into one wall mounted unit. Gonna run 0.5m sed, Cat GAC, Matrikx +1 block, Filmtec 75gpd, DI.
Any suggestion on what I could add to housing #6 to up Alk? Don't think pH will be low enough to dissolve much, but maybe marble or calcite?

fishnfst
12/07/2007, 02:50 AM
Hello Fred I'm not sure if you remember me but we met up for that blue light at in and out burger :) If you end up with the extra di resin I'd be interested in a gallon.. Let me know..

mr evolution
12/07/2007, 04:10 PM
Does anyone ever think about the waste water that is being flushed away?

You can get Lye online, just most of the supplies from this hobby, so that should not be a reason to not use the system. The whole hobby is such a bad impact on the enviroment, but I atleast try to minimize mine.

Buy lye direct from one of the following online mail order vendors - you're guaranteed to get high quality pure lye, and you can buy it in whatever quantity you want:

Camden-Grey (Best price on 2lb. container!)
Bitter Creek Candle Co.
Texas Natural Supply
Lehman's Soapmaking Supplies
Snowdrift Farm
The Soap Dish
AAA Chemical