PDA

View Full Version : Final question before I put everything together....

boc
11/16/2007, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone,
I have been accumulating tanks parts for over a year. I'm finally ready to put everything together.
My question is my 180 tank is in it own room along with a 90 gallon sump and 150gallon fuge. I have heard about humidity problems and wonder if i should install a exhaust fan or run a Dehumidifier ? I wouldn't want the Dehumidifier to pull extra water out of the tank.
I have an electrician coming over this week so if the exhaust fan is the trick I can have him wire one up.
What do you guys think?

Carlos
11/16/2007, 01:09 PM
Exhaust fan is usually the best way to go as it can really take the hot humid air out of the house.

Do you have this tank within a tank room or is it in the open?

Carlos

Capt_Cully
11/16/2007, 01:11 PM
I'd say dehumidifier. Not sure where or how you'd mount the fan. But, an exhaust fan would likely cause more evap than the dehumidifier if it was on/over the tank.

boc
11/16/2007, 01:16 PM
The tank is in its own sealed room. The room is located directly beneath my bedroom so I wouldn't want any type of mold to grow. I thought the dehumidifier would pull more water out of the tank. I know I will loose some to evaporation but didn't want the dehumidifier to suck up more, + it wastes a lot of electricity.