PDA

View Full Version : Question about Melv's do it yourself top-off..

jade2122
11/16/2007, 12:57 PM
Ok so I am looking to make my own top off setup. I have the float switch, pump, and all other needed equipment. My question is that his set-up shows doing it with a double float switch. I will only be using one. How do I modify his instructions for this? I want to use it on a relay, the link he provides for instructions on adding a relay also uses a double float switch. Need some help, pics would be awsome, thanks!!!

jsl6v8
11/16/2007, 03:15 PM
I don't know the link/instructions you are talking about, but I would imagine that either he has 1 float switch to turn the pump on and another to turn it off, or the one is a backup for the other, the answer depends on how he has it setup, if you could post the link I'm sure we can get you an answer.

jsl6v8
11/16/2007, 03:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11196193#post11196193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jsl6v8
I don't know the link/instructions you are talking about, but I would imagine that either he has 1 float switch to turn the pump on and another to turn it off in which case you might need to do a dual relay but I haven't messed with that, or the one is a backup for the other, in which case I would imagine the relays are set up pretty much the same, the answer depends on how he has it setup, if you could post the link I'm sure we can get you an answer.

lol wow, must have hit quote instead of edit, my bad.