PDA

View Full Version : OT_ Need motorized wheelchair for school project

chrisstie
11/10/2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah, weird one, huh?

My senior design group and I are taking the final courses we need to graduate. In the fall we write a 120 page paper designing a project of our choice where we need to research and figure out how to - come spring semester build a working prototype of whatever we design.

My group has envisioned the semi automatic wheelchair. We are going to be installing sensors into the chair to endow it with obstacle avoidance, as well as some autonomous navigation function (GPS, RC, still researching on what)

What we need is a used, possibly salvagable motorized chair that is in mostly working condition. If you have one sitting around and need to get rid of (I can acquire the appropriate paper work from the school to make this a nice tax break if it is a donation) or have one really cheap you'd like to get rid of - even if the motor or something stopped working on it.. Please let me know. Brand new these are very expensive and most insurances pay for it but none of our group members are disabled though some family members are, their chairs are in use

Thank you for your time reading this :)