PDA

View Full Version : cloudy eye

kzickovich
11/09/2007, 08:16 AM
I bought a puffer fish about a week ago and have it in my quan. tank, but for the last couple days I noticed he wasn't eating, and just sat around the tank in a ship I have in there. I took a better look at him and he has a cloudy eye. I talked to the lfs that I bought it at and they said "it sounds like a bacterial infection, and it was because my tank wasn't clean." So we got into it at the store because my tanks are very clean! And they wouldn't do anything to help me after I've been buying there for a few years now, I won't be going back! What can I dose the tank or food with to try to get him better. Dosing the tank may be best because he isn't eating.
Thanks for any help!!!!!
Ken

kevin2000
11/09/2007, 05:47 PM
My 02

Sounds like a bacterial problem ... given the timing its probably because of an eye injury (likely a netting injury when the LFS captured the fish). In some cases these problems will resolve themselves and the fish's own immune system can fix the problem. (maintain good water quality and feed the fish healthy food to assist immune system). If you don't see improvement or the condition gets worse then you should consider placing the fish into a QT tank and treating with an antibiotic ... maracyn 2 is readily available and usually effective on this type of injury.

Hope this helps .. good luck.